Chapter 24

We parked the car in a parking lot.

"My friend's going to meet us at The Clan's territory," She stated. She popped the trunk. I turned in my seat, craning my neck to see what she was doing.

She closed the trunk, and had a backpack swung over her shoulder. She motioned for me to get out of the car. I did as she told. I opened the door, climbed out, then slammed the door. I followed my sister.

We left the parking lot and went into the grass. Our feet sunk in a patch of mud. I scrunched up my nose. It must've rained earlier today.

The park was lit up with the light of the moon. It was a clear night so we could still see our way around the park. We walked for awhile, until we reached a circle of park benches. My tired legs begged me to sit, but I knew Risa wouldn't let me. I followed her to a path. Up ahead, a man stood. He faced the raging rivers below.

I stopped Risa.

"What?" She asked.

"Is that you're friend?" I asked. I pointed at the man. He was sheltered by the trees, blocking my view.

"Not sure," She said. She walked ahead, slowing down her pace. I stayed behind her, like a child clinging to their mother on the first day of school.

We walked ahead.

"Who's there!?" Exclaimed the man up ahead. He stepped away from the trees, shining a flashlight at us.

"Is that your friend?" I asked my sister. I knew the answer to the question. The man stood before us in a police officer's uniform. He waddled over to us, his flab flapping in the wind.

His eyes grew wide. He unfolded a piece of paper out of his pocket. He shined his flashlight on the paper and looked at it. His eyes wandered back up to us.

"Are you Risa and Dillon Tidning?" He asked, scratching at his head and studying us.

Risa nodded and stepped forward. The man motioned to us to come forward. He led us to the river's edge.

I was drawn to the edge. We stood on a high cliff. One wrong move would send me into the river, and would lead to my death.

Risa grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the edge. She put herself between me and the river.

The police officer pulled out his gun, and his walkie-talkie. I looked at Risa with wide eyes. She returned the glance.

The police officer talked into his device. He held the gun towards us while he spoke. "I've got the killers from Lorimar," He stated, "They're here, can I shoot 'em?"

Risa looked at me with wide eyes. The police officer grinned like a snake. He cocked his gun. Immediately, I knew the answer to his question.

Yes, he could shoot 'em.

A/N: Thanks for reading :)