Chapter 22

We drove.

We had just left town by the time I finally spoke up.

"Risa," I stated, looking back. I watched as Lorimar, the town I knew and loved, slowly disappeared in the distance.

"What?" She asked, she turned to me. Her face was filled with bitterness. I wondered if she was mad at me. She placed her eyes back on the road.

"Where are we going?" I asked her.

She did not answer. Instead, she checked her mirrors, pulled the car to the side of the road, and stopped the car. She checked her mirrors again, then turned to me. She ran a hand through her long straight hair.

"I have no clue," She stated. She sat like a child in the seat, criss cross apple sauce.

I threw my arms up in the way.

"Why don't we just go home then?" I asked her. Risa looked at me like I was an idiot.

"Dillon," She stated with a lofty sigh, "We can't go home."

I scrunched up my face in disbelief.

"Yes we can!" I exclaimed, placing a firm hand on her shoulder, giving it a small squeeze.

She let out another sigh, this one louder than the first.

"Dillon, I didn't want to scare you, but," She began. She choked on her words. She gave a large swallow then continued to speak, "When I got back to the car, your phone started ringing. I answered it and, it was Dad."

I shrugged my shoulders. Dad was the cool parent, there was no way in hell that even if he knew, that he would care.

"Dad wouldn't care," I stated.

She raised an eyebrow. Then swallowed hard.

"Well, Dad wasn't the problem," She stated, she shifted her gaze to the mirrors, "After we left, apparently Anna came back to the house. She told them everything."

I gulped. Dad knowing was one thing. Mom knowing? That was a completely different story.

"Oh god," I said through clenched teeth. I ran a hand through my hair. "What're we going to do? Did Dad and Mom seem mad?" It felt like I had asked her a thousand questions.

"Mom's mad," She said. She nodded and looked me dead in the eye. "She called the cops," She stated.

"Shit!" I exclaimed. I slammed my fists against the dashboard. Then held my head in my hands.

"It's okay," She stated, placing a supportive hand on my forearm, "We just have to get out of town for a little while."

I pulled my face out of my hands, and leaned back in my seat. I banged my head against the headrest numerous times. I couldn't believe it, Anna was a filthy liar. She told me she wouldn't do anything, that was unless if I told someone. I hadn't told a soul, except for Risa that was. Did she somehow know I had told her? That was a question I never want to have an answer for.

I looked back at my sister, and asked the big question, "Where are we going to go?"

She looked off into the distance deep in thought. I waited for an answer.

A/N: That's all folks! Any guesses as to where they'll end up?