Chapter 25

I had to act fast. Before, I had killed for a deal. Now, it was kill or be killed. I never wanted to kill, after Pigvin it had lost it's appeal. Killing Jennifer was hell. But now, here I am again. Killing.

The policeman had his fingers wrapped around the gun. He stood between the river and I. He pulled the trigger. A bullet shot out of the gun. It hurled itself into my direction. It all happened so fast. I didn't have time to move, barely had time to think.

Pain paraded around the bullet in my right shoulder. I winced in pain, gritting my teeth. I looked at the officer. He still held the gun, pointed directly at me. At that moment, I was about to embrace death. It would be a pretty epic way to go out, shot down by policemen.

Something took me over. A gnawing fear of death, or something of that sort. I would not die. Not here, not now, at least, not like this. A rush of adrenaline caused my to throw my body at the police man. The alarmed man was heavy, but I pushed him over.

Pushing him over wasn't even the best part. He had strategically placed himself between the river and I. That would've been a good move, had I been an idiot. Any intelligent being would never escape a police officer by jumping into the Missouri river. If you fell in there, you'd never make it out alive. The officer, who I never even knew his name, stood on the edge of the cliff.

I plowed through him like a snowplow, with all my strength. The shocked officer was knocked over. I almost fell with him. The police officer fell into the river. Once he was gone, I smiled. We had escaped jail and death again. I slowly stood up, holding my left hand on my right shoulder, I applied pressure.

Risa stood across from me, her hand on her mouth. Her clothes dripping with sweat.

"How the hell?" She asked. She stepped forward and went to the cliff. She looked down. "Are you sure he fell down here?" She asked, "I don't see him."

I shrugged my shoulders, then hissed in pain.

"The river swept him away," I stated.

She looked at the river some more than stepped away.

"Should we wait around for your friend?" I asked. She shook her head.

"I'll call him once we get to the car," She said. She looked around then started heading back to the parking lot.

"I hope he falls through," I state, cringing when I thought about the officer. What if another one came? "I hope he falls through fast," I stated, then followed my sister.

A/N:Thanks for reading!