4- The War (Part 2) --- An Unfair Death

Sakura fights alongside her comrades, proud and tall. Lady Tsunade stands beside her, and they both combine their byakagou power to heal everybody while fighting their opponents. Sasuke and Naruto fight close on her left side as well.

She narrowly dodges her opponents' attack and rolls to the side, where she quickly pulls herself up. She have a couple scratches here and there, but thanks to the byakagou, her heavier cuts have been healed. However, her chakra is extremely, utterly, dangerously low.

Her opponent sends out another deadly wave of water, in the form of a dagger, in her direction. She dodges again and struggles to stand.

"Sakura-chan!" Naruto yells towards her. Him, Sasuke and Lady Tsunade look at her.

"I-I'm fine." She responds, standing up. "I'm the hokage's apprentice, after all." She smiles, standing tall and proud. "Shannaroooooooo!!!!" She yells, launching a counter attack towards her enemy. It hits him head on and he flies back a few yards. She quickly follows him and kicks him, hearing a giant 'crack.' Oops. Sucks to be him right now. She lands one final blow, punching him right above the heart. She sends a lot of chakra into the punch and her hand goes right through his heart. Disgusted, she pulls her hand out, then reminds herself that this is war.

She falls beside him and uses a new technique that she has been working on. She uses her chakra to take his own. Hovering her hand over his major chakra points, she takes it. A red light surrounds her hand and she stands up, more powerful than before. Another opponent steps in front of her, and he catches her in a genjutsu.

She smirks to herself. "Kai!" (A/N: release)

"W-what?! How?! You shouldn't be able to break my genjutsu! I've worked on it for years and finally perfected it!" He exclaims, shocked.

"I have an affinity for genjutsu, sorry." She responds, disappearing and reappearing behind him with inhuman speed. She hits him in the back of the head and he crumples to the ground. She takes his chakra like she did the man before and walks back to her team.

She starts to fight another enemy, who turns out to be a worthy opponent. Her chakra's at 20%. Sakura notices that her Shishou and teammates are in the same shape.

Suddenly, out of the corner of her eye, she notices Tsunade collapses to the ground after dodging an attack. Her opponent prepares to launch a poison-covered sword for the final blow. Sakura's eyes widen in fear, and her body acts on its own.

She jumps in front of Tsunade and takes the hit straight to the abdomen.

"SAKURAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!" The Hokage screams, and Sasuke and Naruto stop fighting. Their eyes widen as blood pools from Sakura's mouth due to the hit and also flows from my stomach. The enemy smirks. She shakily pulls the weapon out of her and throws it, piercing his stomach. He collapses to the ground.

"Karma's a bitch, huh?" She tells the already dead man, feeling her body start to sway. Her eyes start to close and her body starts to fall, but strong, warm arms envelope her, gently lowering her to the ground.

"Sakura, stay with me." He says. She stares up at him in confusion.

"Since... since when did you care about me, Sasuke?" She asks, confused.

"I've always cared." He responds, a tear falling down his face. He's completely out of character.

"Sakura, why would you do that?!" Her Shishou says, approaching them. Naruto tails after her. She immediately hits the ground and uses her chakra to heal Sakura. She swats her hand away. She tries again, but Sakura hits it away again. "Sakura, what are you doing?! I'm trying to heal you!"

The said girl smiles, a sad, whistful smile as her byakagou fades. "It's no use. You and I... both know that... that you can't heal me. T-the poison has already t-taken over a-a m-m-majority of m-my intestines.... I-I kn-know I-I'm... dying.... Shishou...."

"No! Sakura! You can't die on me! I swore to God that I would never let this happen again!" She responds, wiping a few tears away and trying to heal me again.

"N-N-Naruto." She says, and he perks up at his name. "T-take care of Hinata for me. A-and don't eat so m-much r-ramen. I-it'll kill y-you one day."

"S-Sakura-chan...." He mutters, a few tears slipping out.

"S-Shishou... don't w-worry about me s-so much. Th-thank y-you for teaching me t-to b-be strong."

"You were always strong, Sakura." She whispers. "This isn't fair..."

"Life has never been fair... It's... never been kind... to me."

"S-S-Sasuke.... S-sasuke-kun.... I-I have never h-hated you f-for what you have d-d-done.... I-I love y-you." The injured girl mutters, starting to feel her consciousness slip away.

"Sakura... you have always been in my heart." He says, pulling her into his chest and kissing her forehead. She smiles.

"I-I love you all. T-tell my par-parents I-I'm sorry f-for l-leaving t-them s-so e-early." She slowly responds, then squeeze Sasuke's hand tightly.

"Sakura, don't leave me!" Tsunade, Sasuke and Naruto yell as Sakura gives Sasuke's hand one final squeeze.

"SAKUUUUURAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!" Sasuke screams as she closes her eyes.

Hmmm... Sasuke... was... out... of...... cha..racter.....