14- Fixing Broken Bonds

Previously:

"Don't forget about me, shannarooo!!" The pinkette yells, punching her down and right into her teammates, where they activate their powers to seal Kaguya. The woman screams in pain and anguish, yet disappears. The three teammates fall to the ground, catching their breath.

"W-w-we did it!" Naruto cheers.

"Hn."

"That's right, shannaroo!" Ehhh... Naruto's rubbing off on meeee....

"You three made a pretty sight out there. I'm proud of you all." Their sensei says, walking towards the trio.

"Kakashi-sensei!" Sakura says, slightly blushing as Naruto and Sasuke smirk.

"Oi, what now?" Naruto asks, and the four exchange looks.

"Now, we-"
------------------------------------------------------

"I'm leaving."

Everything goes deathly silent for three Konoha ninja.

"W-what Teme? You can't be serious. Not again!" Naruto exclaims. However, the pinkette cannot respond as his words repeat over and over again in her head.

"I'm leaving. I'm leaving. I'm leaving. I'm leaving. I'm leaving. I'm leaving." The pinkette stares, wide eyed, as she remembers the first time he left her.

"Teme, you just got back! You can't do this!" Naruto suddenly falls to the ground in pain, passing out. Sakura can tell from her position that it is due to his loss of chakra.

"S-Sasuke-kun. You're... really serious about leaving, aren't you?" Sakura asks. Sasuke doesn't respond. "I can't... I can't stop you. It's your decision. Just know that we love you, that I love you, no matter where you are or what you do." She mutters, turning her back on him as tears fall down her face. Why... why am I so weak? Why can't I stop him?

Sakura. You are not weak. In fact, you're strong. Strong enough to pound the Uchiha into the ground, with just your fists. But your true strength lies within your heart. You're willing to sacrifice your happiness for Sasuke's.

Sakura smiles, blushing. Minna... arigato.

Footsteps make the pinkette turn around, as she sees the raven walking away. She frowns at his back until her own loss of chakra catches up with her, and darkness hits her.
~
"Sakura. Wake up." Her sensei says, and she lurches forward with a jolt, regaining her surroundings.

"Kakashi-sensei! What happened? Where's Naruto? Sasuke?" The pinkette asks.

The jounin looks away, sighing. He knows that he should tell the pinkette what happened, but she's been through so much that she shouldn't be concerned about her teammates or anything right now.

"Sensei?" She repeats.

"Naruto went after Sasuke. My guess is that they're at the Valley at the End." Kakashi says.

"That's not too far from here. If we hurry, we can get there in time." The pinkette replies.

"You need to factor in our injuries. It'll take a few hours to get there." The silver-haired jounin replies.