6- The War (Part 4) --- Despair

~~~ SASUKE ~~~

Sasuke was utterly, completely broken. His only light, the one person that kept him sane all these years, was gone. The one girl that he treasured and fought for. The girl that he protected from his older brother, Itachi. The girl that he never told his feelings to, was gone.

Sakura...

I love you.

"Woah, Teme, take it easy!" Naruto yells over to him, but the young man does not abide. Instead, he lets his anger and despair take over him. He lashed out at his opponents, taking each one down in one hit. His susanoo swipes them away, and he fights in blind fury.

HOW DARE THEY KILL THE WOMAN I LOVE

I will get my revenge for you Sakura.
~
~~~ TSUNADE ~~~

She looks down at her students' lifeless body, allowing her emotions to overtake her. The bright and energetic smile that usually graces her student's face is gone, instead, replaced by a lifeless one.

She knew the second she was impaled. Sakura's heart stopped. Yet, her strong will and feelings kept her alive just long enough to tell her loved ones just how much they meaned to her.

"Sakura, I'm so sorry. I'm such a bad teacher. You should've never jumped in front of me. I'm the one that was supposed to protect you. You're like my daughter and I let you die, just like I did Dan. I'm so sorry. Please forgive me." Tsunade cries, hugging her student one last time before standing. "I will avenge you. I will not let your death be in vain." She softly says, activating her byakagou and facing her next opponent.
~
~~~ NARUTO ~~~

I have to stay calm and collected, for Sakura-chan. I have to stay focused so I can avenge her death, dattebayo!

Ne, Sakura-chan. I hope you're watching all of us!

The young jinchuriki throws a rasenegan at his opponent, then uses his shadow clone to hit him from behind. He throws three kunai and hits his opponent directly, ending his life.

Sakura-chan, you will always be in our hearts, and I promise to eat ramen only five times a day.
~
~~~ THIRD PERSON POV ~~~

The three continue fighting, defeating their opponents. However, they are fighting a losing battle. Unbeknownst to them all, a supposedly dead pink haired medic ninja's byakagou starts to form. However, instead of having black lines run down her body, they are flashing red pulses. And then, white.

A giant earthquake comes from her direction, causing everyone on the battlefield to stop fighting.

"W-what?!" Tsunade whispers as chills run down her and the others' backs. "What is this chakra?!"

Their question is answered once they see the familiar pink haired girl standing tall and proud. Her eyes can be seen from far away; cold, blood thirsty red ones.

"SAKURA?!"