18- A mission with Team Seven (Part 2) // Teamwork

Recap:

"Now all we have to do is skin and cook them." The pinkette says as the raven nears her to help, still shocked at Sakura's power. As the pair skin the fish, the pinkette checks her chakra levels, which are still at full.

"Sakura, how did you manage to get your power?" The raven asks, the question he's been wanting to ask for a while surfacing.

The pinkette thinks, stumped. "... I don't really know. It just kind of awoke inside of me when I... when I died." Sakura responds, the reality of the situation dawning on her.

"So have you felt like it's always been a part of you?"

"Yeah, I guess. It just... something within me has connected with the dragons. There's really no way for me to figure out exactly what has been going on because my parents died in the war." The pinkette responds.

The raven's eyes widen. "I-I didn't mean-"

"It's all right. They were the first ones to die. They were trying to protect the civilians, and they were attacked by a group of shinobi. They told the civilians to run, that they'd hold the shinobi back and catch up with them. But they never did." Sakura responds, clutching the necklace her father gave her tightly, a few tears falling as she remembers when she was at the hospital, and Tsunade broke the news to her. The pinkette immediately stopped her paperwork, and in a fury went charging out the door, only to slaughter each and every last rogue shinobi with a monstrous persona. Almost like... a certain dragon helped her.

I see you've figured out that all of us have been with you this whole time.

Orichi...

----

🔹Now... on to the chapter! 🔹

~

"I think we should head back." The raven says, noticing the setting sun and the decreasing daylight.

"Let's not hurry." Sakura responds, sadness etched into her eyes.

The raven nods in agreement. "Let's not hurry."

The pair walk closely side by side, enjoying the peaceful silence. Sakura briefly touches her necklace as an image of her smiling parents appears before her, but just as it comes, it disappears.

"What was your mother like?" Sakura asks, but immediately regrets it, knowing that in the past he always tossed the question aside.

The raven huffs, annoyed, yet he also feels as if he needs to share a part of his old life with Sakura, as she poured out hers to him. "Mom... my mom... she was great. Amazing. She always had this big grin on her face, cheering me up when dad belittled me. She cared a lot about all of us, making it her duty to wake up before all of us to make us breakfast, and was just there, you know?" Sasuke responds, memories overtaking him as he remembers his mother, and then surprisingly his father and brother.

"I think our mothers would have gotten along well." The pinkette says, looping her arm through Sasuke's. "My mom was such a big softy, although she was a really bad cook. Thank goodness my dad taught me, otherwise I'd probably have starved to death by now."

A small smile makes its way onto the raven's lips as he continues to listen to the pinkette- his pinkette.

~

Sasuke and Sakura return to their camp, arm-in-arm, and are surprised to see a fire started and their blonde-haired teammate and silver-haired sensei sitting on a log, laughing.

"Did we miss something?" The pinkette asks, looking between her teammate and sensei.

"No. But it seems that we definitely missed something." Naruto slyly responds, looking at his teammates' entwined hands. The pinkette blushes, immediately letting go of Sasuke.