Planning forward

I'm sorry. this chapter is short. it was rushed, and i'm not entirely sure where i was going with it. I'm really sorry. I wanted to write more, but I'm feeling blocked from my creative Gaara Zen. lol. Please forgive me. i will make it up to you all. promise. i don't own naruto.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I stared around me in wonder. Gaara had brought me to the inside of a beautiful house, with dark maple floors, a high ceiling, and the smell of, and you won't believe it, rain. i inhaled deeply and turned to him. he was grinning.

"what... Gaara, what is this?" I asked in awe. he smiled now, probably unable to contain his excitement any longer.

"this? Liiran..." I loved how he said my name "this is our new home" he said. my jaw dropped and i felt my heart explode with happiness

"...really?" I could barely speak. he nodded and i flung myself into his arms laughing. he laughed with me and spun me in circles.

"Gaara- It's perfect!" I said through my laughs. he smiled and kissed me excitedly.

"I know" he said. was that i hint of smugness i hear? hmm.... I grabbed a bag from the floor and headed through the house looking for a bedroom to claim. i found the simplest one, with grey walls and black floor, and dumped my stuff on the bed. Gaara came in behind me and looked over the room appraising.

"this will be a good room for us to relax in" he imputed. i nodded

"yes I- wait... us?" I asked, giving him a wide eyed look. he smirked and stepped forward. instinctively i stepped back. Gaara's smirk darkened suggestively.

"yes... i don't sleep, so of course you would have the room to yourself" he paused and stepped forward again. my back hit the wall. he stepped forward and placed hi hands on either side of my head

"or have you forgotten?" he purred. i gulped and he took a strand of my slightly longer hair between his fingers, before buring his face in my hair.

"well Liiran? did you forget?" he whispered from his spot in my hair. i shivered.

"n- no" I stuttered. damn him! why did he have this affect on me? I never stutter! ever! how did he break me down so much? he leaned back and looked into my chrome colored eyes.

"you won't get to sleep tonight anyways" He said. my face turned red in embarrassment. did he mean-? he saw my face and quickly added

"you made a deal to stay up on the weekends, remember?" he quickly corrected. I smirked, suddenly remembering our 'hostage agreement'.

"yes' I said. he smiled.
"i can't believe you thought that. you know i would never... unless you wanted to?" he gave me a smirk but before i could reply he smiled and said

"you unpack, I'll tell Temari and Kankuro. they're right next door." then he left and i unpacked my things, smiling out the window at the view of the burnt sand village. 

hours later the night fell and Gaara and I had our first night of weekend together on the roof, staring blankly over the village while talking in careful hushed tones. I knew for certain one thing when i spent time with him. i loved him. i knew he had great plans for the future. for us. I don't know what i'm going to do when its time for me to leave.

"I plan on becoming the Kazekage" he said, interrupting my thoughts. I looked over at him to see that he was staring over the village, avoiding my eyes.

"I understand... that you wont approve... but... I'm going to do this. i want to do this, and no matter what you say or do I'm going to do it." He said quietly. i gave him a shocked look. even if i threatened to leave him? how important was this really? to him? I stared quietly at him for him to continue.

"Naruto... he brought to me a certain clarity... I want to be a part of this village, and make myself something of worth not only to myself but others." He clenched his fist and after a few moments of silence he spun to face me, looking angry.

"well? have you nothing to say?" he asked angrily. I smiled at him then, and punched him in the jaw, sending him  flying off the roof to sudden death.

......

.......

I'm just kidding.

I smiled then and  traced his jaw line with my finger. "I'm proud of you Gaara. you will make a fine Kazekage" I said. he smiled and pulled me closer, kissing me and sending chills down my spine. we stayed up all night in silence. not the awkward kind, but the peaceful kind. I looked over at the love of my life and smiled up at the sky

'would you be proud father?'