Chapter Sixteen: St.Patty's Day

St. Patrick's Day in New York was...dangerous is theword I like to use. Lots of drunks. I was definetly not comfertable going out on the town in that enviornment, so I made plans to head to Marshall and Lily's new place and have a board game night. Marshall came back, handing Lily her tea and me min. I had just taken a sip when the door burst open.

"Who wants to kiss the Barney Stone?" I choked on my tea, coughing it back into the cup at the sight of Barney's green suit.

"Look, it's the Riddler." Lily said.

"That's not the riddler. That's Gumby. Hey Gumby, can we tie you in a knot later?"

"Hey! NBA player sidelined by a knee injury." Ted said, entering the room.

"Alright, laugh all you want, but this is my lucky St. Patty's Day suit. Yup. You know why it's lucky? 'Cause it's green. The color of go, as in Let's."

"Barney, we talked this over and we're not doing St. Patty's Day this year." He laughed.

"Come on. Let's..." He trailed off as Ted went into the kitchen. "Are you..." He fell against the door, shutting it. "Ok, I think I gotta lie down." He flopped onto a chair.

"Can we shoot pool on you?" I asked. Marshall laughed, elbowing me slightly.

"No, No! Unacceptable. That's so not Raven. Well, what are you gonna do instead?"

"Well, we got the keys to our new apartment, so we're gonna go over there and hang that painting, have board game night. You're welcome to join us if you want."

"Board game night? Board game night. Come on! Let's drink green beet. Let's do green Jell-O shots. Where's your St. Patty's Day spirit?"

"We're drinking green tea."

"With Caffeine." Marshall added. Barney took the cup from my hand, putting it on the coffee table.

"Can I help you?"

"You're in, right Lauren? You've never spent St. Patrick's day with us before. Her first St. Patty's day and you guys are being lame."

"I don't celebrate St. Patrick's day, Barney. And honestly I don't feel comfortable going out tonight, in New York."

"I'll protect you." I raised my eyebrows.

"No offence, but I don't know if you could protect me."

"Sorry Peter, we're grown-ups now. We can't fly off to Neverland with you anymore." Ted told him.

"Fine. Alright. I'll celebrate St. Patty's day by myself. I don't need you people. You make me physically ill!" He left.

"He did look a little green."

"You know what. I might actually go."

"Really?" Lily asked.

"Yeah. I mean, I don't really want him spending it by himself." She looked up at me hopefully.  "Because he's my best friend. Nothing more." She sighed, settling back into her seat.

"How does Lawrence feel about that?"  Oops. Marshall's phone rang. Whoo. Saved by the bell.

"Hey. Happy St. Patty's Day. Yeah, I haven't talked to you in forever."

"Who is it?"

"Ted's Butt."

"Oh, dang it! My phone keeps pocket dialing." I took this opportunity to sneak out of the apartment, leaning over the railing of the stairs, where Barney was on his way down.