Chapter Nineteen: Folliculaphilia (EXTENDED)

Barney dragged me off of the boat to the most beautiful restaurant I had ever seen.

"Oh, Barney." I whispered. "This is incredible!"

"I thought you'd say that." We walked up to the podium. "Reservation for Stinson please?"

"Yes, Mr. Stinson. Right this way." The waitress led us to a table by the window, so that we could see everything. I smiled as Barney pulled my chair out for me before sitting down himself.

"It's beautiful." I said quietly, looking at the window.

"Yeah? You're not so bad yourself." I smiled at him.

"So, what's your play here?" I asked. "Why are you doing all this?"

"You're my girlfriend. Isn't this what boyfriends and girlfriends do?"

"Yes. But it's not what you do. So why the elaborate plan?"

"I wanted to remind you that your 8.3 seconds was wrong." I rasied my eyebrows.

"Barney, that was forever ago."

"I know. I just wanted to remind you."  I shrugged.

"Ok."

~~~

After an amazing dinner, we got back onto the ferry to see that there was a live band on it, playing slow music. Barney grabbed my arm, pulling me against him. One hand went to my waist, while the other held my hand, and we danced.

"Was this you too?" I asked.

"Lucky coincidence." 

"You know, Stinson? This has all the makings of the best date I've ever been on."

"Even with Lawrence?" I tensed for a moment, but got over it quickly.

"Even with Lawrence."  I assured him. He spun me out, causing me to laugh, and when I came back to him, our faces were inches apart. His eyes flicked to my mouth.

"Lauren..." He whispered.

"Yeah?"

"I..." He trailed off. Before I could ask him what he was going to say, he leaned in and pressed his lips to mine.  His hands went to my face, his fingers looping around the back of my neck between my hair, and I moved mine down to his waist beneath his suit jacket. By the time he'd pulled away, the ferry had docked and we pulled away. By then, I had forgotten to ask what he was going to say.

~~~

"Still no. What's up with that? I mean, I juggled."

"You juggled?" Barney questioned. "I thought you were trying to impress her."

"You do magic. How is juggling any lamer than magic?"

"Ted..." I warned.

"Magic's not lame."