Chapter 7

Future trip or Moving

** Ethan**

{still at church} 

I see Thomas behind Journee and she looks uncomfortable and like a little scared child. Wait where is she going. I can’t go after her it is close to time for me to preach. I need to find out what happen.

“If you feel how I feel then you need to be giving the God all the praise with everything in you. Stand on your feet shout out to God with everything in you. Hallelujah God. Let me hear your war cry! I am so excited and filled with God and all his blessing He has given me. When you have Jesus as the center of your life and in your heart, nothing is impossible and nothing is too hard for God.

“Every, since last night I been had this song in my heart. Do yall mind if I sing it?”

‘No’ {congregation}

“I will need the choir help with this song.” I turn to them behind me and smile. I turn back to face the congregation and begin singing.

Jesus, you're the center of my joy

All that's good and perfect comes from you

You're the heart of my contentment, hope for all I do

Jesus, you're the center of my joy

When I've lost my direction, you're the compass for my way

You're the fire and light when nights are long and cold

In sadness, you are the laughter, that shatters all my fears

When I'm all alone, your hand is there to hold, ohh

Jesus, you're the center of my joy

All that's good and perfect comes from you

You're the heart of my contentment, hope for all I do

Jesus, you're the center of my joy

You are why I find pleasure in the simple things in life

You're the music in the meadows and the streams

The voices of the children, my family, and my home

You're the source and finish of my highest dreams, woah

Jesus, you're the center of my joy

All that's good and perfect comes from you (all that's good and perfect)

You're the heart of my contentment, hope for all I do

Jesus (Jesus), you are (you are) the center (the center) of my joy

You are everything (Jesus), everything (you are)

Everything (the center) everything (of my joy)

You're my joy (Jesus) in my sorrow (you are)

You're my hope (the center) for tomorrow (of my joy)

When I'm lonely (Jesus), feel in sad (you are)

You're the lifter (the center) of my head (of my joy)

You're my music (Jesus), you're my song (you are)

You're my joy (the center) all day long (of my joy)

Woah, Jesus, you're the center of my joy

Of my joy

“Thank you, God!” I begin to cry out

In church, we all experienced the glory of our amazing God when shekinah glory fell upon us,

[after church]

I was sitting in my office when Chloe walked on then knocked on my door after she open it.

“Are you busy Ethan?” “Not at the moment.” “Your parents wanted me to talk with you.” “About?” “The woman who came her today. Isn’t she the one who came to my house? Why was she here? And did you see how she was dressed that is uncalled for in this church.” “Chloe this is my church and all are welcomed. God open the doors for you to walk through them why not her. What makes you so much better than her Chloe?” I asked sharply. “Ethan I di..” I cut her off. “I’ll talk with my parents later but right now I have some where important to be.”

While we were walking out Chloe looked at me with uncertainty and I am fine with that. I got in my car and put and followed the GPS until I arrived and my destination. 

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

“Coming” I heard from behind the door.

The door swung open to reveal Journee in a long tee shirt. She was closing the door in my face when I caught it and walked in.

“Come in why don’t you Ethan.” She says with an attitude. “Why did you leave church?” Right when she was about to answer the microwave went off. “I’ll be back.” She went into the kitchen when her phone went off. I saw purchase of a plane ticket to Florida. Why is she going there? I quickly silenced my phone and opened it and took pictures for my phone to find out what is going on.

When Journee came back I just finished without being caught. “Popcorn Ethan.” She asked. I looked at her confused. “I am ‘bout to have a movie day. And you just interrupted it.” “Please except my apologies and may I join you?” Before I could stop myself from saying that the words were already out my mouth. “Sure, I guess so. Hold on I got to get everything else.”

Journee came back with drinks, candy, and a bunch of snack food. “Journee who else is coming?” I asked with “No one it’s just me and you” she says with a smile.

“What are you up for watching Rev. Harbin?” “Ethan, Journee” I smile. “What do you have chocolate goddess?” “My stage name.” She starts laughing. “How ‘bout you choose then I will.” “That’s fair. I want to watch Safe.” “I have never seen it before.” “It’s really good.” She goes and puts in the movie and drops her black drape making the room dark.

“I hope you don’t mind” she asked. “No, its fine. I actually like it.”

After 5 movies, I looked at the time and I knew I needed to hurry and leave I have evening church.

“Journee I have to go. I have evening church. Would you like to come with me?” I saw her face. “No thank you.” She said in a low tone. I got up and got my things. I walked to the door. “I had a great time with you Ethan.” “I did as well.” I opened the door and turned to her. “Journee what happened at church this morning. I saw you when you left.” “Ethan it’s been a good day don’t ruin it please.” “Later, you will tell me.” “Ethan how did you find out where I live?” “I’ll tell you another time.” With that I walked out her apartment. I will talk with Thomas tonight. 

COMMENT:

VOTE: