Chapter 13

Trade for a Trade Again

** Journee**

Laying in my bed reliving the trip in my head. I can’t believe I told Ethan about my past. No one knows I had a son or what happen. I smile at how amazing he was each time I broke down on Oliver’s birthday. He stayed me with that night and he didn’t even sleep in the same bed with me. Something I am not use to at all.

I finally decided to get up take a shower and get ready for work. Saturday’s are always the busiest.

{at work}

No sooner than I walk through the door I hear my name being called repeatedly aggravating me. I turn to see my boss coming towards me. “Yes Stan. How may I help you?” “You are going to be doing two weekend shows at my brother’s club. The next two weeks and his bachelor party.” “Why me?” “J, you know you are the best this club has and when he gets married I’ll own part of it and I am going to need new blood there to bring in more customers.” “Send peaches.” “She is going also but I really need you there.” “Fine.” I say in a bored tone and saw that smirk come upon his face. “Not so fast Stan how much up front?” “Journee, Journee, Journee. You know you will be paid greatly.” “How much Stan?” “$1500.00” “HA, bye Stan.” “UHG J, you drive a hard bargain. $2000.00.” “50000.00 for everything and you will still get the 10% I make from everything. My offer take it or leave it. Either way I’m good.” I now smile looking at him. “You got a deal Journee.” Thank you.” I turn head towards the dressing room getting ready for tonight.

** Ethan**

It has been a busy day at work finally getting a break I sit checking my phone. I see the hospital had called. I called them back panicked that the worse had happen. I hear the ringing before I hear a male voice on the phone. “Yes, this is Ethan Harbin I got a call earlier I am assuming about Tristan?” “Yes, Mr. Harbin I we were calling to inform you that someone put money on Tristan’s account. It was said not to tell you, but by law we have to.” “I’m on my way.” Hanging up I rush out the door bumping into Curtis. “E, what’s the hurry?” “I’m on my way to hospital.” “I’m going to.” We hop in the car and take off.

“How was your trip?” “Journee had a son.” Before I knew it, it had slipped out my mouth. “SHE WHAT!” Curtis yelled. “She is going to kill me. I went to Florida to see what she was hiding and I found out. It was her son’s birthday.” “What happened to him.” “I’ll tell you later. We here.” I parked the car and we headed towards the office.

After knocking and being asked in we sat in front of an older man.  “Sir, can you tell me who the person was how did she pay?” “That is not what shocked me Mr. Harbin it’s how much.” “I’m guessing like $500?” He looked at me in a weird way. “No try $2000.00 and it was done on a card.” “Who would pay that much? Was it his mother?” “Mr. Harbin I do not know who paid.”  “What is the name?”  “That I cannot say, but I can show you a video.” After looking at it mine and Curtis mouth dropped. 

Arriving back at the fire house I can’t get this out of my mind. “Why do you think she did that Ethan?” “Who did what?” I look up to see Chloe standing in front of me. “What brings you by Chloe?” I didn’t want to answer her question so I asked one of my own. “I come hoping we could have a late dinner here.” I watch her hold up take out bag Applebee’s. “I’ll catch you later man.” Curtis said as he got up and walked away from Chloe and I. “Did my parents send you here?” “Your mom and my mom thought it would be a great idea if I surprised you with dinner. I never will have denied a change to be with you?”  I smile at her and wish they would stop it. “Chloe, why do you want to be with me?” “Ethan, it is us. Our parents have wanted this and I want it increasingly every day.” “What is your relationship with God like Chloe?” She stopped and froze. “What do you mean? If I will be a good first lady of course I will.” “That is the furthest thing from what I am talking about.”  “How deep are you in God?” “I listen to you preach and Sunday’s and Wednesday’s.” “You don’t get it. I have a lot of work to do. Take it to my mom and have dinner with her.” “Ethan what are you wanting me to say and I’ll say it.” “Just take that to my mom and I will see you next time.” I helped her up and told her bye.

After work I ended up in a parking lot I know all too well. I watch her come out of the doors. Heading to her car. “Thank you, Journee.” “Ethan, stop scaring the fuck out of me. Are you aware it damn near three in the fucking morning.” “Your mouth Journee.” “What the got damn hell about it?” “Stop cussing” “Why the fuck should I.” “Journee.” “Ethan.” “Want to go get something to eat?” “No, I’m going home to go to bed.” “Thank you for what you did.” “I told them not to tell you.” “Why didn’t you want me to know?” “To prevent what is going on now. I just want to thank you for what you did for me in Florida and hopefully when Tristan recovers he will have a good life something better than I had.” “I pray he recovers daily and when he recovers that he will know it was God just taken him through a storm.” “Don’t come around for the next few weekends I will be gone.” I don’t know why but I was hurt when Journee said that.

“Where are, you going and for how long?” “Does it matter?” “Yes, it does. Very much so.” “It doesn’t. Don’t follow me either Ethan. I mean it.” I smile thinking back. “I’ll make a deal with you Journee. You come to my house for dinner one night before you go and I won’t follow you.” “You can’t be serious Ethan?” “Yes, miss lady I am very serious. I’ll let you choose. Dinner with me in private or church again.” I watched her face. “Ethan if you want to fuck me that is all you have to say.” “I am a virgin Journee.” “Why in the hell are you?” “Pick which one.” “Ugh fine dinner Thursday. I’ll get you address later.” “Ok it’s set. See you then.” “Bye, Ethan.” “Good night Miss Journee.” I watch her drive away.

Comment:

Vote: