Chapter 21

Fire Storm 2

** Ethan**

Waking up with Journee’s hair all over me and her in my arms for some reason felt right. I watching her sleep and in this moment, I can see her pain along with some of her war scars. None more painful than losing her son. How is she able to be so strong, yet so broken? I think to myself.

“It’s not polite to stare Etan.” I heard Journee say “Good morning to you too.” “Morning Ethan. I need some shots. That couch hurts to sleep on.” “Shots of coffee?” “Hell no. Liquor, hard liquor.” “Journee it’s the morning time.” “its five fucking O’clock some damn where.” “That mouth.” “Does amazing things yes, I know.” “That is not what I meant.” I say in an annoyed tone. “Ethan” I hear the tone soft and unreadable. “Yes ma’am” “Thank you for staying with me, well allowing me to stay here.” “Journee, you are more than welcome to come anytime I don’t mind. No one comes to visit Tristan except Curtis and I.” “Do you think he know we were here?” “I pray he does and that he wakes up soon.” “I have to go get a shower. I also have to meet with my boss. Thank you again.” She placed a kiss on my cheek then walked to the door. “Please be careful Journee.” “Always.” She waved bye.

I prayed over Tristan and got the morning report from the doctor before I left. When I got home charged my phone then took a shower. After showering I went to my study and begin studying my bible 2 Chronicles. I take everything in then pray for God to cover me.

Eating my breakfast, I hear my pone constantly going off. I check it to see a bunch of text messages and phone calls from my parents, Chloe, and Curtis. I see one of the Deacons from the church called. I listen to his voicemail saying we have a meeting at church this morning. I look at the time and notice I have 30 minutes to get there. 

{at church meeting}

“Good morning all. I am sorry I am late I was unaware we had a meeting this morning.” “Rev. Harbin we just got here and there is something that as came to our attention.” “Ok well let’s see if we can work through this together.” I say with a smile on my face.

“Rev. Harbin this has to do with you.” “I’m sorry. I don’t follow.” “The prostitute that your dating. It’s a bad reflection on this church.” Instantly my blood begins to boil. “Who said I had a girlfriend?” “Does that matter?” I heard Deacon Bridge say in a harsh tone. “Yes, sir it matters a lot. Seeing that I don’t have a girlfriend at all.” I watch all their faces change and look at each other. “you’re not dating the local prostitute?” “I am not dating no one. God has not told me nor revealed who she will be for me. I told God what kind of woman I wanted and I trust God to bring her forth to me in His own time not mine or any one else’s.”

I look around the room so many emotions running through me but the one I feel the most is betrayal. Listen to the silence that has fell upon the room. “Do I know a prostitute yes I do. I even asked her to come and she did. I asked her to come to help her get her away from that life. Do any of y’all know what happen?” I watch them look around at each other with confusion all over their face. “Thomas was sitting behind her and made her feel unwelcomed. This place does not belong to any of us. This is God house. Who are we to judge someone because of what they do and who they are. People are so quick to judge and knowing that that very person just might have a better relationship with God.” 

I watched them look with shock. “Who knows who Jesus’s grandmother is?” they looked around then back at me. “No one know. Her name is Rahab. She was a prostitute. Don’t believe me look in Joshua 2 that is where her story begins.” I was about to say more when my radio went off about a fire. I checked it and saw it was close to me her. I grabbed my phone texted Curtis to bring my gear and I would meet them there. 

“I Have to go it’s a bad fire. Before I do remember this.

‘Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.’

With that I walked out the door rushing to my car to get there.  

**Journee**

Sitting here listening to Stan talk about this Red Light Special night, I was going to be held at his brother’s club but they decided to have it here since this club bigger. “So basically, I’m going to be dancing all night to sexual song is what you’re saying Stan?” “Journee, you make it sound dirty, but yes.” I roll my eyes. “Well for show such as I get an upfront fee.” “Only because you’re my best dancer and I really need you.” “Do I have to do this? If you fire me all I am going to do is go to another club and of course you know all my regulars are going to follow me.” You drive a bargain. How about $1500.00 and I will only get 10% of what you make and keep in mind that this club will be packed out and people will be coming in from out of town.” “You got a deal.” Just as I was about to say something when Ruby walked in.

“I thought I would never get here. That church on fire and traffic is bad.” “What church?” I say with concern mixed with fear. “It’s one around palm street I believe.” I got up and ran to my car. 

Getting their I see the church completely burned down. I couldn’t help but cry. I push my way through the crowd. I saw Ethan coming out of the church. He looks so hurt and full of pain. My legs move quick as they can in his direction.

“Ethan.” He turns around and I wrap my arms around his neck. “I’m so sorry about your church. Is everybody alright?” “Journee, please stay back you could get hurt.” “Damnit Ethan answer me.” “Everybody is fine except for the old man who was cleaning the church. This isn’t my church, mine is the next road over.” “Are you fucking kidding. I rushed over here for nothing. I’m leaving.” I turn to walk away only to feel me being pulled back gently.

“Can we talk later please.” “No I don’t want to see you.” “You rushed over here.” “I thought it was you church.” “I have to get back. Please can we finish this later.” “I don’t fucking care.” I say then walked off.

Comment:

Vote: