Epilogue Pt. 2

Chapter 51
Epilogue Pt. 2

{5 years later}
*** Journee***
“Mommy, Daddy.” Silence “Mommmmmyyyyyy Dadddddddyyyyy” I finally open my eyes to be met with light brown curly hair all in my face. “Mommy it’s my birthday.” “Is that right Mercy.” Before she could speak I heard Tristan beginning to cry. “I’ll get him,” Ethan said jumping out of bed. “Mommy can I have cupcakes and ice cream for breakfast.” “No” “but it's my birthday.” “Go see if EJ and Grace are awake if not get them up for me please.” “Ok.” I watched up get off the bed and run out the door just as Ethan was walking back in with Tristan in his arms. 

Mercy

 “Sweetheart, what do you think of us getting another house?” “What for?” “This one is full

“Sweetheart, what do you think of us getting another house?” “What for?” “This one is full.” “Don’t remind me,” I say reaching for Tristan. “Honey, the kids are getting better and demanding more things we need to.” “Ethan, I really don’t want to.” “Journee, do you ever look at Tristan and wonder if the other Tristan is looking down on him.” I smiled. “I do a lot. Along with Oliver, he took a piece of my heart with him.” Ethan kissed me. “Let’s get ready for this little girl’s party.”

{Later that night}

Laying in bed thinking about my kids and how lucky they are not to have been like Tristan with no parents and felt unloved for so long. “Mom” I look up to see EJ’s hand waving in my face. “I’m sorry I wasn’t paying attention. What is it.” “Come read to me please.” “Go pick out a book sweetie. I’ll be there in a minute.” “Ok mommy.” 

 After reading to EJ he was fast asleep I went to see Ethan laying on the bed

After reading to EJ he was fast asleep I went to see Ethan laying on the bed. “Are Grace and Mercy still up. They sleep along with Tristan.” “Ethan do you know how rich and blessed we are.” I motion for him to come towards me and he does. We walk down and check on our kids. “We are blessed.”

Tristan

 We went back to our room and talked for a little bit then we prayed together and went to sleep

We went back to our room and talked for a little bit then we prayed together and went to sleep. Well, Ethan did I could not. I slipped out of bed and went downstairs trying to understand what is going on. It almost feels like it’s the calm before the storm and I’m wondering what is this storm going to be. Are my actions coming back to haunt me? Could it be those so-called parents of mine coming for my kids?
I broke down crying and Ethan came behind me and held me tight. “Sweetheart whats wrong.” “Baby I honestly don’t know.” And begin to cry harder I cannot shake this feeling. I tried to pray but could not get my words or anything I just feel loss just nothing. What is going on?

Comment:

Vote: