Chapter 35

Unseen Hurt

**Ethan**

{4 days later}

“Ethan, how is Journee? Still the same?” “I thought I would be staying that one night with her but I haven’t stayed at my house since she has been back.” “Has she said anything.” “Nope nothing. Just Curtis it’s strange at night she goes all through the house looking in places three or four times before she even gets in bed and then she clings and hugs me so tight. It’s like she trying to clib inside of me.”

“What do you think happen to her?” “I know she was hit by someone I saw her face. I don’t want to throw out assumptions in case I’m wrong but she won’t talk to me.” “Does she know about Amber and that yall have a date tonight?” “I forgot about my plans with Amber tonight. I do mean plans it’s not a date.” Curtis laughs. “Man call it what you will. I will say I’m worried about Journee.” “Trust me I am also. She is not the same as she was when she left. Whats worse I don’t know how to help her.” “Just try and talk to her. I got to go. Let me know if you need something.” 

“After work, I went home took and shower. While in the shower I heard my phone constantly going off. After the shower, I looked at my phone and saw calls from my mom, dad, and Amber. I haven’t talked to my parents in a while so I ignored their calles and text messages and called Amber back. She picked up on the third ring:

“Hello”

“Hey Amber. I’m sorry I missed your call.”

“It is fine. I’m just making sure we are still on for tonight?”

“yes, we are. I will see you soon.”

“Are we still meeting at the cook-out?”

“Yes we are then an early movie.”

“Ok. I will see you in a little while. Bye Ethan”

“Bye Amber.”

When I got off the phone with Amber I packed me some clothes to stay with Journee. I sat down on the cornor of the bed and got the bible and started studing after studing I prayed and went to check on Journee before I went to meet Amber.

I knocked on the door and waited for Journee to open the door. “who is it?” “Journee it’s me” She open the door shaken. I quickly went in asking her what’s wrong. “My boss wants me to go back to work this weekend but I can’t.” “Ok just tell him you’re not feeling good and you will come back in a few weeks.” She nodded her head and said ok.” “Ethan I’m going to take a shower.” “Ok. I am going out for a little bit.” “Please promise you will be back for its to late. Please.” I walked up to her. “Journee, I promise I will be back.” She hugged me so tight. “I’ll be back soon. Are you going to be ok?” “I will just hurry back.” “I will.” I went to the door. “I’ll check in on you ok. Do you want or need me to get something while I’m out?” “No thank you.” “I’ll be back soon as possible.” I went and go in the car and head to meet Amber.

I pulled up to the Cook-Out seeing that it was packed out. “Hey Amber. Looks like they are busy today.” “It does let’s go inside. Some people might be about to leaving.” We walked in and saw little league baseball player, coaches and parents eating. “I see why they are busy” Amber says laughing. “How about we just go to Sonic’s then to the movies” Amber says. “That works for me. How about you drive then get in the car with me order and eat then we go to the movies together.” “Ok. That works for me.”

Pulling up at Sonic’s Amber hopped in my car rather quick. We then gave the waitress our order and sat in the car and talked.

**Journee**

After Ethan left I got hungry. I didn’t want to bother Ethan because I didn’t know what he was doing. I decided I would go to Sonic’s I could get my food to go and wouldn’t have to get out the car.

When I pulled up I park right in front of a car that looks very familiar to me. Then I am looking deep into oceans eyes who is with some blonde woman. It felt like every single last thing inside of me shattered.  I see Ethan coming towards me I try to roll my window up but he caught it.

“Journee what are you doing here? Is something wrong?” “Just go back to your blonde bitch. Don’t bother coing to my house.” “Journee stop. Talk to me.” “fuck you Ethan.” I say then crank up my car then leave.

I went to Tipsy liquor world and got six bottles of diffent flavores of Smirnoff then a bottle of hennesy.

Hours passed and I was what seem to be in the middle of no where when I seen a bunch of guys come up to me. “Hey girl. You want to have sum fun?” “I need some more liquior.” I say while laughing. “We about to go get some bottles, but do you want to finish this tennesse honey whiskey. It’s a little over half the bottle left.” One of the guys said. I grabbed the bottle and started drinking.

“Hey how about we go to y place and finsh this along with some more drinks?” “I stand up and wobbling around every where. “Yeah sure.” We started walking ‘til I heard someone call my name.

“Journee what are you doing with these boys? Wait are you drunk?” I laught. “So, what if I fucking am.” “Come on let’s go” “Yo bruh, she with us. Take your ass on.” “Journee now.” “Fuck you” I feel myself being picked up and I dropped the bottle that was in mind. “Put me down now.” “Put her down or we gonna have some problems.” “How about I call the cops and I am really good friends with a lot of the on the force.” “No man no need to call them. We out.” 

I got put in the car then I blacked out.

[Next morning]

I woke up the next morning in a strange place and bed. I went and found my way to the kitchen only to be eet with ocean eyes who was cooking. “Good morning sleepy head.” “wht the fuck am I hear and how did I get here? Stop talking so loud my damn head” “Language” “well fuck you mutha fucker and why the fuck anm I in you got damn house.” “Journee” “Ethan. Shouldn’t you be with your new blonde bitch.” “why were drinking?” “why were you fucking?” “Journee” “Ethan”

“Is that why you are mad. You think I’m having sex with Amber” “Oh, that’s blondies name.” “Sit down” “I’m leaving” “Now” “Bye” I feel myself being lifted up and sat on the couch with Ethan sitting right in front me on a coffee table.

“what happen to you? Don’t you lie or run. Tell me.” “It doesn’t matter.” “Yes, it does. Tell me” Ethan says as he grabs my hand looking in my eyes. “Fine Ethan you want to know” I stood up and tears bein to flow thinking about him.

“My foster dad and possible Oliver’s father found out and attacked me again. I felt just like I did all those years ago.” “Journee why didn’t you tell me.” ethan says getting up walking over to me. “why did you get drunk last night and who were them men you were with.” “what men?” “When Curtis found you, you were with six men.” “Curtis found me.” “Yes, and brought you here and I put you in my bed and I slept on the couch.” “I’m Leaving.” “I took the day off. We need to talk. You’re not going anywhere Journee.” 

Comment:

Vote: