Chapter 18

Festival Things

**Ethan**

I haven’t seen Journee since she came here to my house and kissed me. I haven’t heard much from Chloe sine I talked with her and I am just fine with that. My parents are upset with me that I told Chloe the things I did, but I wasn’t lying with what I said.

I Finished getting dressed I hope Journee decided to sing today. I wonder what she will sing. I am brought out of my thoughts when I hear a car horn. I’m guessing it is Curtis. I pray quick and let out hoping and praying Journee shows up and she does amazing singing. 

**Journee**

I still can’t believe I kissed Ethan before I left. I was so angry at what she was saying and seeing him I just reacted and before I could tell my body no to it was to late. I lazily get up off bed to go take a shower and get ready for this festival. Maybe it will be fun. I wonder who else is going to be there. I get both my outfits out and get ready today.

Arriving at the festival I can’t help but smile. All the rides, food vendors and games. It is my first time ever coming to one. I went up the worker and told him I was singing in the entertainment part and asked if I could take my clothes to that part. He said yes and showed me where it was. Once there I meet with the lady from the club she told me how happy she was to see and told me I would be performing later today and enjoy myself.

“Hey beautiful.” I hear a male voice behind me say. I turn to see who is specking to me. “hey, how are you?” “I’m better now seeing you.” “Are you singing today?” “Yes I am. Are you?” “Yes, ma’am I am. I see now I am going to be singing a song for you. How about we spend time together before it is time for us to perform.” “Sure, let’s go.”

After an hour of riding around and playing we decided to walk a little bit and talk. I was listening to what Reggie was saying when I saw ocean eyes burning a hole through my body. Him and Curtis walked up to us.

“Hey Journee how are you. Are you ready to sing?” “Of course, she is. She is ready to take the world by storm.” Reggie said answering for me. “I can talk for myself. I guess I am ready.” “Is this your boyfriend?” Ethan said in a tone unreadable “I will be by the end of the end.” Reggie again answering for me. “It’s amazing how she has a mouth and you won’t allow her to use it.” Curtis said 

Reggie looked at Curtis like he wanted to beat his ass. “I am singing a song for her. The new lady in my life.” Reggie said kissing me on the cheek and snaking his arm around my waist. My eyes locked with Ethan’s never breaking contact until my phone dinged letting me know I had a text message at the same time Reggie’s phone did the same thing. I have to go get ready. Good luck Journee.” Curtis said with a warm genuine smile. “Thank you, Curtis.”  I looked at Ethan who had a smile on his face. “You don’t need luck. You got this.” “Thanks Ethan” I say with a smile. Reggie grabbed my hand and jerked me off almost made me fall.

When we got back to the area for performers I looked at Reggie and spoke sharp and calm. “Do not and I mean do fucking not ever treat me in that manor again.” Before he could I was told I had to change because I was up next. When I changed, I went to peek out and I saw Ethan. I can’t believe he is here.

“Ethan” I whispered in a low tone. Nothing. “Ethan” I did it again just a little bit louder. Curtis heard me because he nudged Ethan and pointed toward me. He walked over to me. “Why did you come?” “To see you course. Perform I mean.” I smiled. “I’ll see you after I finish.” I walked back and I saw Reggie. “Sweetie I am sorry. I don’t perform for a little bit I am going to watch you. He smiled. I don’t know why but I decided to change my song at the last minute.

“Up next is Journee McField.” I hear the crowd clap and I feel nervous and ready to go. I relax when I see Ethan. I smile to the crowd. I begin to sing.

A smoky room, a small cafe

They come to hear you play

And drink and dance the night away

I sit out in the crowd

And close my eyes

Dream you're mine

But you don't know

You don't even know that I am there

I wish that I was in your arms

Like that Spanish guitar

And you would play me through the night

Till the dawn

I wish you'd hold me in your arms

Like that Spanish guitar

All night long, all night long

I'd be your song, I'd be your song

Steal my heart with every note you play

I pray you'll look my way

And hold me to your heart someday

I long to be the one that you caress with tenderness

And you don't know

You don't even know that I exist

I wish that I was in your arms

Like that Spanish guitar

And you would play me through the night

Till the dawn

I wish… 

I finished and smiled “Thank you” I left the stage.

**Ethan**

Watching Journee sing it was like she was singing just to me. It was nobody round except me and her. Hearing the words and seeing her face and the depth in her eyes. Her voice full of passion and caution. She knows what she is singing and to who, but why which is where the caution comes in at.

“I see she sings to you.” “Curtis, she wasn’t singing to me. She was just nervous and looking at me to calm her down and let her know it is alright.” I think.  Before Curtis could speak again Journee came. “What did you guys think?” “You were amazing Journee.” Curtis said. “Thank you.” “Ethan” she says with hesitation in her voice. Before I could speck her phone rung. She got a look on her face. “I have to go.” “Be careful Journee” I say to her as she turns to leave.

The question loops through my head ‘was she singing to me?’

Comment:

Vote: