Chapter 33

Word Bullets 2

**Ethan**

(next day)

Getting ready to clock out when I got asked to go help a woman whos cat got stuck in a tree. Heading over I can’t stop thinking about Journee and the last time we were together. Her kiss is still making me smile. Pulling up the house I see a grey amd white cat in a big tree.

“I’m not sure when he got up their or how long he has been.” I looked up to see a blonde woman talking to me. I climb up in the tree and get the cat when he jumps making me almost fall out the tree. When I finally get the cat, I hurry and get down.

“Here you go ma’am. He’s fine maybe just a little bit scared.” I say giving her back her cat. “Amber. My name is Amber” “Nice to me you I’m Ethan.” I say extending my hand to hers. “Havent I seen you soe where before?” “I honestly have no clue if you have or not.” “You’re a pastor?” “Yes I am.” I say with a smile. “You came to my church for a Sunday evening service about a year ago.” “Your Rev. cornwalls daughter?” “That I am.” “I have to go but it was good seeing you.” “You also and thank you.”

After going home and getting a shower I head to my parent’s home for dinner. I arrive to see Chloe’s car in the yard. I take a deep breath then send up a quick prayer before going to the door. After knocking a few times my dad answers the door.

“Hey son. How are you?” “I’m fine.” I say with a smile. When I walk in I see my mom and Chloe in the kitchen and like a song on repeat journee’s words begin to loop in my mind. “How’s my baby?” My mom says walking up to me and breaking me out of my thoughts. “Hey mom. I’m doing good. How are you.” I say hugging her.  “I’m great now let’s sit down and eat.”

While eating, Chloe is sitting next to us talking about God knows what. I am so out of tune with what is being said. “ETHAN!”

“Yes ma’am.” I say looking at my mom. “Honey Chloe has been asking you about ya’ll going out this weekend.” I dropped my fork when Journees voice and words enter my head once more. “Please stop asking me. I am not going to marry you. We are not going to date. We are never going to be nothing, stop asking nothing is ever happening with us chloe. EVER.” I say to Chloe looking at her dead in her eyes.

“Ethan Harbin, you will not disrespecet Chloe at this table or in this house now apologize.” “No, I will not. Mom. Dad I tired of this I have to be with chloe. No I don’t and I am not going to be with her. I never will. All of the tricks, scheme and what ever else she has planned needs to come to a halt. I’m tiered of going through this over and over and nobody hearing me like what I want doesn’t matter, only what yall want matter. Dad, mom I will never in my life disrespect either of y’all but this has to stop and I mean right now. Chloe, you are a wonderful woman but you and I will never be never. Stop”

“Ethan, son lets talk calmly.” “Dad how many times has I asked y’all to just stop. But do y’all nope. Let’s go on a family vaction then surprise here is chloe and her family and mom talking about a good honeymoon place. I sick of it and it stop now.” 

“It’s that black stipper that put all this in your head, isn’t it?” “Mom you’re not even listening. I done.”

I get up and get my things together and walk out of my parent’s house while I hear all three voices call my name. I get in the car and my phone starts rings and text messages. I don’t even want to hear it so I just put my phone on silent and go to J. Peters to get e something to eat. 

Waiting for my order I heard someone call my name. I turn to see Amber from ealier. “Hey Amber, how are you?” “I’m doing good. I just got done eating with some of my friends and my mom asked me to bring her something so I am waiting on them.” “How is your cat doing? Not in any more trees I hope.” I say laughing when a smile spreads across her face. “Here is you order ma’am” the waitress says holding her food. “Rev. Harbin.” I quickly cut her off. “Just call me Ethan.” “Ok. Ethan. If you are not busy could me maybe go out for coffee. My way of saying thank you for getting Smoke.” “That’s his name, smoke. I would like that maybe in a few days.” “That works for me. Here put your number in my phone.” I put my number in her phone then we said our good-byes.

**Journee**

The kiss plays over like a movie on repeat. I still hear Ethan tell me he doesn’t want me to go. Then another question follows ‘why didn’t he want me to go?’ Its not like he want to be with me. “why did I kiss him.” I ask myself as I touch my lips thinking about him.

Comment:

Vote: