Chapter 12

Florida 

** Journee**

{Thursday evening}

I just boarded the plane to go back home to Florida. I felt like someone was me I brushed it off after I got on the plane. I put in my ear buds and let the music take over me drowning out the world. 

Finally, made it in the hotel room here after all the ruckus in the airport. I just ordered room service and stayed in the rest of the night wondering I was going to make it through tomorrow.

{Friday evening}

I get out the shower, spray oil mist over my body and then get dressed. I go to a florist to pick up the order of flowers I placed. I get in the rental car and head to the cemetery.  A wave of emotions hit me. I try to hide them so much that when they come out I’m not even me, just numb and hollow.

I kneel at the two head stones before I could say anything I bust cry as my body collapse on both graves. After, crying for what seem like forever I put the flowers on each grave. I was about to speak when a shadow figure towered over me I looked up to be meet with sapphire eyes that could only belong to one person.

“What are you doing here? Are you following me?” “What’s wrong?” “Ethan why.. are.. you.. here…?” I asked through gritted teeth. “I wanted to know what you were hiding about yourself.   You have been here for hours crying. Are you alright?” I stayed silent and tried to fight back the tears much as I could until I couldn’t any longer. Ethan came down and held me while I cried. Some time had passed when heard. “Do you want to go out to dinner?” “Yeah, I guess I said lowly.

We got inside Sticky fingers I got in a booth moments later a waitress came to take our order. “For me I will have loaded cheeses fries and 12 wings. Chicken Caesar salad, creamy mac & cheese and could you come back for my dessert later.” I asked. Her and Ethan both looked at me. “What Ethan? I haven’t eaten since last night.” He shook his head and smiled. “Oh and can you please bikini martinis and after a few I’ll choose a different drink.” She wrote it down “For you sir?” I’ll have barbecue sliders and the Memphis bacon cheese burger with lemonade. Also, make sure her drinks are non-alcoholic.” “I you want your job you will bring me the drinks I asked for.” “Yes, ma’am I will.” She took off fast.

We sat in silence until our drinks came. I was sipping on my drink. I froze when I heard “who is that in the cemetery?” I look up at Ethan. I lowly said “My mom well foster mom and my son.”

** Ethan**

My eyes widen to beyond the point of control. Journee must have seen the confusion all over my face and she started talking again “My biological parents never wanted me. I don’t even know their names. My foster mom had me until I was 5 and she died from cancer. I was passed around foster home to foster home. Abused, raped, beat among other things. I was 14 when an upscale couple took me in and the man and his wife sold me out to other upscale men. Bid time lawyers, judges, doctors and other. When I got pregnant they weren’t sure who was the father due to fact they passed me around so much. When I was eight months pregnant they overdosed with heron so much and forced all kinds of hard liquor down my throat. When I got to the hospital I was so out of it. I managed to give birth and I heard him cry when they placed him in my arms he took his last breath in my arm holding my finger.”

I watched as tears escaped her eyes. I called the waitress over and told her to get our food to go. When we left, he went to her hotel room and ate. We were watching movies I looked at her and before I knew the question that had been weighing heavily on me slipped out.  “What is your son’s name?” “His name is Oliver Keane McFields. Oliver means peace because my son is at peace now and          Keane means fighter cause he fought long enough to see me and know he loves me.” “I’m sorry Journee.” “You didn’t fuck or drug me so don’t be. Today is his birthday and the day he died.” She begins to cry and I went and held her until she fell asleep in my arms. All I could do is pray for her and her son and mom.

Comment:

Vote: