Chapter 50

Epilogue Pt. 1

**Ethan**
[5 years later]

EJ come and get you stuff out the floor and get ready for school.” EJ is five and starting school today. “Yes daddy.” I walk into the room of our 3-year-old daughter. Her name is Grace. Journee is getting her ready. I watch her with Grace and see how happy she is. “Sweetheart I got EJ ready.” “Ethan. He is not ready for the big school and Grace isn’t ready for Pre-K either.” “Journee, Ethan went to Pre-K when he was three its for three-year olds then move up to four. They will be alright.” “Oh, shut up Ethan what do you know.” “Journee calm down. They coming to school not prison.”  

 “Ethan not now

“Ethan not now. And besides I’m their mom I know whats best for my kids.” “I guess I play no role in their lives.” “look daddy.” I look down at Grace who is showing me her outfit and new backpack. “That’s pretty sweetie but that backpack isn’t the one mommy and daddy got you, is it?” she shook her head in a no motion. “Where did you get that from.” “Ukle Curtis.” “Of course.” I say lowly. “Come on let’s go to school baby girl.” All of a sudden, I hear EJ yelling for me through the house. “DADDYYYYYYYYYYY” “EJ what it is?” “It’s mommy.”  

 I ran in the bathroom in our room and saw her looking weak

I ran in the bathroom in our room and saw her looking weak. I picked her up and carried her to the bed. “Let me go get you something to drink.” She grabbed my hand and said, “don’t bother.” She laid back on the bed. “I’ll come back after I drop the kids off. “No, I’m going with you to drop them off.” “Baby you don’t need to that. You don’t look good.” “You’re such a wonderful husband.” She says while rolling her eyes. “Baby I didn’t mean it that” I watched her get up and get dressed.

We dropped the kids off and we went back home. “Journee are you feeling any better.” “Not really but I need to go to Harbour and ceck on somethings and I have some appointments to do their and let’s not forget we got dinner with your parents tonight” “Love if you are not up to it I’m sure they understand.” “No, I can do it.” “Fine then but I will fix dinner for tonight.” “Thank you, baby. Im just going to lay down for a little bit then get up and g over. I’ll text you.” I kiss my wife and watch her lay down and pray that she is hopefully carrying another child of mine.

In the kitchen fixing dinner with Grace helping me while EJ is with Journee. It still amazes how close those two are. I feel it is because Journee never attached to him when she was pregnant with him. He is such a momma’s boy.  I was brought out of my thoughts by my wifes voice.

“Ethan what are you making?” “A roast with carrots and pototas. I have fixed the salad.” “Mommy, daddy said we can do cookies.” “Did daddy now.” “I did but I have apple pie and picked up some ice cream to go along with it.” “Thank you.” At that time, the door bell rang.

I watch Journee get the door for my parents and I heard my kids attack their grandparents. I walk out th kitchen. “Hows my baby boy?” “Mom im fine,” How are you.” She picked up Grace and smiled playing with her. “I’m a lot better now.” I went and speak to my dad but EJ took him off. 

After dinner, we let my parents put the kids to bed and after they left Journee and I laid and bed and talked then prayed and went to sleep. 

{Sunday}

“Before I give my sermon this morning my wife has something she want to say and I will turn everything over to her for a quick moment.” I watched her get up and stand behind the potuium. I thank God for giving me such an amazing and beautiful wife as I listen to her begin to talk.

“Good morning.”  “I first want to take time to tell everyone thank you for accepting me. It has been six years since I have become the first lady of Faith Baptist Church. I cannot tell yall how humbled I am to be the first lady. My husband Rev. Harbin is not just my husband he is my pastor also. I have learned so much from him and now God is the head of my life. I accepted God on the day I married Ethan because I something inside of me wouldn’t leave me alone. It stirred so much and begin to boil over. When I got saved everything in me changed. Because of yall I have grown more I am becoming a better mom right now I just want to say thank you and sing this song to God.

We belong to you Lord
We belong to you...

So your song flow through my lips
Your work move through my hands
Your thought stay on my mind
Live in me
Your song flow through my lips
Your work move through my hands
Your thought stay on my mind
Live in me

And you can have all of me
Have all of me
Have all of me
Cause I'm yours
And I give you all of me
Give you all of me
God here's all of me
I'm yours
God I'm yours
Yes I'm yours

So your song flow through my lips
Your work move through my hands
Your thought stay on my mind
Live in me
Your song flow through my lips
Your work move through my hands
Your thought stay on my mind
Live in me

You can have all of me
Have all of me
Have all of me
Sing I'm yours
And I give you all of me
Give you all of me
God here's all of me
I'm yours
God I'm yours
Yes I'm yours

God your words my mouth
Your thoughts my mind
And your love my heart
And here's all of me
God your words my mouth
And your thoughts my mind
And your love my heart
Here's all of me
[repeat]

You can have all of me
Have all of me
Have all of me
Sing I'm yours
And I give you all of me
Give you all of me
God here's all of me
I'm yours

While Journee was singing I noticed something and I smiled and thanked God.

Comment:

Vote: