Chapter 12

~Not Edited~ 

I ended the call and grabbed my bag before rushing out of my room, i ran downstairs to bump into someone's heavy chest, i looked up to see a confused Toni looking down at me, tears fell from my eyes even more. "What's wrong?" He asked, as i slowly moved away from him. 

I sniffed and looked down at my hands. "M-my father he's weak." I cried, Toni looked at me with a expression that i couldn't ready. "I need to go see him." I walked towards the door but was stopped by a hand grabbed onto my wrist. 

He slowly let go of my wrist and stood in front of me again. "I'll take you." I nodded and we both rushed out of the house and got into his car. 

Once he drove, i started texting my mom telling her if he has gotten a little better or something but her reply was no, which caused my heart to speed up, i looked out the window and tried stopping my uncontrollably tears coming from my eyes, the car came to a stop in front of a big hospital, i opened the door and ran into the hospital. 

I went to the front desk. "Hi, do you know where Mr. Montgomery's room is?" Toni asked putting a hand on my shoulder. 

The woman looked at us. "What are your relations with Mr. Montgomery?" She asked raising an eyebrow. 

"He is my father." I said.

She nodded. "He is in room 309." Me and Toni thanked her before entering the elevator and Toni clicked number eight on the button i ran a hand through my hair as the door opened. 

We both stepped out and looked around once my eyes landed on the number i rushed to the door to see my mom kissing his hand and crying her eyes out, i slowly opened the window to make my mom look up at us, i stood there in shock to see my biological father on that terrible bed with tubes on him. 

I cupped my mouth to hold my sob, i was to scared to walk up to him, i was gonna turn around and walk out but he looked turned his head looking at me with a smile. "Layla." His rough weak voice called out, I looked up at him and sobbed. "Don't cry." He mentioned me to come. 

I slowly walked towards him and grabbed onto his hand. "I'm sorry." He looked at me confused. "I'm sorry for not coming earlier." I cried, he opened his arms which made me fall in them and hug him tightly. 

He rubbed my back. "You don't have to apologize, you are my daughter and i finally got to see you and how beautiful you look." Tears dripped from my eyes, we pulled away and he looked at my face giving me a sad smile, he slowly wiped them away. "I don't want you to cry if i die, i don't want to see one tear fall from your eyes to your cheek." He said but how can you not cry when you lost someone you love. 

I shook my head. "Don't say that, you won't die." I said, he looked down and didn't say anything. 

He looked at Toni who was standing behind me and mention him to come closer with his hand. "Come here boy." Toni walked closer. "I want you to promise me something." Toni nodded immediately. "I want you to promise me that, you will take care of my daughter and always protect her for anything, more importantly i need you to love her more than me and my wife do." He stood there speechless before nodding. 

He looked down at me before looking back at my dad. "I will, i promise." He promised making my heart flutter. 

My dad gave me a short smile and stoked my cheek with his thumb. "I love you." He kissed my forehead. 

I gave him a small smile. "I love you too." Should i say it? "Dad." I said which caused him to smile brightly as i kissed his hand, but then my smile soon dropped when his eyes slowly shut and he was breathing heavily his heart monitor slowed down making my heart stop myself. "Dad!?" I cried in panic, Doctors came rushing in Toni grabbed me and pulled me out of the room.