Chapter 43

Chapter 43: Scared.

(3rd POV) 

It had been three full weeks since Layla had been kidnapped and Toni lost his mind, he couldn't sleep or eat ever since she was gone, all he wanted to do was find his wife. He sighed looking at himself in the mirror to see dark circles under his eyes, his skin completely pale. He looked absolutely tired but that wasn't going to stop him from looking for his wife. 

He pushed himself away from the counter and walked out of the bathroom, stopping at his spot when he saw Gina placing a tray of food onto the bed, she looked up at him sending him a sympathetic smile.  "I brought you lunch." She told him, softly. 

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "I'm not hungry." He mumbled walking towards his phone. 

Gina frowned, looking down at the food she had prepared for him. "Layla wouldn't want you like this, Toni." Toni shut his eyes tightly, just his wife's name coming out of her mouth caused a stinging pain to his heart. 

He reopened his eyes. "Eating is not important to me. Finding my wife is important to me." Gina sighed sadly, she wanted to find Layla just as much as Toni. 

She walked up to him placing her hand on his arm. "I want to find her just as much as you." 

"I can't eat or sleep while my pregnant wife is missing and is probably somewhere hurt." His words broke her completely, she was worried that something must've happened to her and their baby. 

Gina removed her hand from his arm. "I know you'll find her. You always find her." Gina reassured, Toni sucked in a breath glaring at the wall ahead of him. 

Gina sent a sad smile before exiting the room, leaving Toni alone. "I knew Paul was fucking trouble." He hissed in anger, he looked down at his phone contacting the police who he had been working with. 

"Detective Joan speaking." The man's voice came through the phone. 

"Any news?" Toni asked quickly, not trying to start a conversation. 

Detective Joan let out a sigh, these past three weeks Toni had gone desperate to find his wife. "Toni, I told you that I'd call you if we found something." Toni clenched his jaw tightly. 

"Then try to fucking find something! That son of a bitch could have done something to my wife and if he did I swear to god I will take his fucking life." He threatened angrily.

"I understand you are worried about your wife's heal-" 

"Worried? Just worried! I'm going fucking crazy because my pregnant wife is fucking missing and you aren't doing shit!" He snapped angrily. 

The detective on the other line let out a huff. "I understand how you feel and I promise you we will find your wife as soon as we can." Toni rolled his eyes, he had been saying that over and over again these past three weeks and they still haven't found anything. 

Without saying anything Toni hung up the phone, slumping down on the bed. He was tired, so tired all he wanted to do was find his wife. He rubbed his head, turning his head and his eyes caught sight of the picture frame on the nightstand.