Chapter 42

Chapter 42: Crush.

Today I had to force Toni to work he didn't want to leave me alone at the house but I reassured him that I would be fine and plus Drake is with me at the house with loads of bodyguards. But a part of the me still didn't feel safe, however I didn't want Toni to continue stressing on me while his company still needs him.

I sat on the living room sofa Indian style, reading a magazine with the television on and strawberries dipped in chocolate in front of me. Yesterday Gina left after I told her where Kenny was since she needed some time away from Kevin after the confrontation. My heart broke just thinking about it, it took two whole years for Gina to confront him and clear her name. I sighed throwing the magazine onto the table putting my back to the comfortable chair.

"Mrs.Mahfud." I looked up to see Paul walking in. I sucked in a breath, thanking god Toni wasn't here or else he would blow up on the poor guy.

"Yes, Paul?" I said, as he walked.

He smiled at me and I could of sworn I saw a blush but I ignored it. "I thought you might have needed company. After all you are alone." He told me quiet shy. Oh dear god if Toni sees this security footage he will freak out, speaking of security footage...Toni and Drake are both trying to figure out how to hack into the security camera and bring the footage from Christmas back since the person who stuck the gift under the Christmas tree deleted the footage. "Layla?" I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Sorry. I was just drowned in my thoughts." I apologized, sitting up straighter as I placed my hand onto my stomach.

He flashed me gentleman-like smile. "No worries. I was wondering if you'd want to go for a walk there is a really nice breeze outside." He suggested. I instantly bit my lip, swallowing roughly.

"That is really sweet of you but-" I was cut off by another male voice.

"We were going to take a stroll in the city." Drake's voice bombarded in as he sent the young guard a glare.

My eyes caught Paul's sad expression but what confused me was that why was he affected by my rejection. "Oh.." He trailed, scratching the back of his neck.

Drake rolled his eyes. "You ready?" He asked, looking over at me.

I pushed a stray of hair behind my ear. "Yeah. Just let me put my shoes on." I rushed out of the living room, walking up the stairs and towards my bedroom. As soon as I went in I walked towards my closet grabbing my trench coat scarf and shoes.

I sat on the bench slipping my shoes on and strapping my laces. (Outfit on top) I stood up slipping on my coat and putting my scarf on my neck before making my way out of the bedroom.

I walked down the stairs to see Drake on his phone texting whoever was on the other line. He looked up when I made it to the bottom of the step. "You want to take a stroll until we get to Toni's company?" He asked, I nodded my head in response.

Toni's company wasn't far from our house, it was probably like twenty minutes away. Yes, it would be a bad idea walking to the company with swollen feet but if it hurts too much then we'll just grab a cab.

Drake pull the front door open as we both walked out of the house. "We will be back soon. Watch the house carefully." Drake demanded, the guards nodded their heads.