Chapter 41

Chapter 41: Not Over. 

I had my head in my hands as my mother rubbed my back comfortingly, Drake continued to yell at the other person on the other line as he paced back and forth not making me feel any better. Toni, his brothers, and Jordan left the room. Jennifer and the others surrounded me making me feel suffocated but I held it inside of me, slipping into my mother's comfort.  

Katherine groaned throwing her head back in annoyance. "I don't understand that psycho bitch!" 

Jennifer shot Katherine a disapproving glare. "Katherine." She warned, causing Katherine to cross her arms and sit back down onto her previous chair. 

Gina looked at me with sympathy reaching over and grabbing my hand. "Hey," She began, causing me to look over at her. "Calm down or something will happen to the baby." I looked down at my swollen stomach placing my free hand onto it. 

I nodded my head, Anna huffed walking over towards Drake with a glare. "Well...What happened?" Anna questioned him angrily. He looked at her with a pale look, making me feel worse.  "Why are you staring at me like i'm a fucking ghost?" Jennifer sighed at their curse words, picking her grandchild up in her arms. 

"Holly.." Drake started, glancing over at me. "She has escaped." I froze, my lips slightly fell open as I stared at him with wide eyes. 

She escaped? That means she's going to come and take my child away from me. She won't stop until she gets revenge, we aren't safe. None of us are. "Layla." I felt my mother's hand on my cheek. 

Without saying anything I stood up from the sofa and walked out of the living room the same time as Toni entered the house with the look of kill and anger. I rushed towards him with tears spilling out of my eyes, he instantly embraced me into a hug. 

"She escaped." I cried into his shoulder, he wrapped his arms tighter around me. "She's going to get to us. She'll get her revenge." I freaked out, shaking badly against his body.

Toni instantly let go of me and cupped my face. "Shh." He wiped my tears but they were replaced with fresh new tears. "There is no way she'll reach you." He reassured, but it didn't calm me down. 

I shook my head. "But she can. She will. You don't understand, Ton-" Toni cut me off before I could say anything else. 

"No. She won't." He snapped, looking down at me. "There is no way she can get passed me. I'd rather fucking die than have her fucking touch you." My eyes widen at his words. 

I grabbed onto his wrists. "Don't say that." My voice was completely broken. 

He placed his forehead against mine. "I'm saying what's true." 

"Don't..." I started, looking into his blue eyes. "I don't want to hear the truth. I wouldn't be able to live a day without you." He leaned down pecking my lips, before pulling me into his arms once again. 

I buried my face into the crook of his neck, nuzzling into it. "Everything is going to be okay. We've found her once, we'll find her again." He promised, kissing my forehead. 

I believe him. I trust him. But I was still scared for me, my twins, and husband. 

********************