Chapter 36

Chapter 36: Old Mansion.

(Layla's outfit on top)

Toni helped me slip out of the car as the butler grabbed the one suitcase that was in the trunk. We walked towards Jennifer and Jordan who were standing at the porch waiting for us, Jennifer immediately wrapped me into a tight hug. I couldn't help but feel tears burn my eyes as my heart continued to sting in pain.

"I'm so sorry you have to go through all of this." She whispered in my shoulder, as she rubbed my back soothingly.

I blinked quickly removing my watery eye sight, as we pulled away from each other. "It's fine." I lied, giving her a smile that didn't reach my eyes. Turning to Jordan who pulled away from Toni, and pulled him into a quick short hug.

"It's good to have you two back in the mansion." Jordan said, when we pulled away from each other. "I know this mansion has many problems but it's only a few weeks until we find Holly." He reassured, I sent him a smile.

"It's okay." Toni laced his finger with mine.

"We'll go check on Katherine." Toni said, Jennifer nodded giving us room to enter the mansion.

I sucked in a breath when we entered the old mansion we previously lived in, nothing has changed at all but there were different picture frames on the wall. One of them were of me and Toni on our wedding day, we didn't look happy but after all we were forced to be together the next picture was of the both of us smiling at each other during a little get together.

Looking ahead of me as we climbed the stairs and towards Katherine's room. I leaned over knocking on the door, hearing a low groan come from the other side of the door. "Come in." She called out, Toni and I both glanced at each other before he opened the door and we both slipped in to see her laying in bed with her arms shielding her eyes. "Just set the cup there, Martha." Toni and I both held our laughs.

"The last time I check i'm not Martha." He said, causing Katherine to freeze before she removed her arms from her eyes sitting up, looking at the both of us with wide eyes.

"What are you two doing here!?" She asked in surprise and shock.

Toni grinned at his sister, walking towards her placing a kiss to her forehead. "I need to keep Layla safe from Holly and this is the only place that is filled with people and there is no way Holly can get through everyone." Katherine looked up at me opening her arms.

I chuckled, walking up to her wrapping my arms around her. "Hi." I greeted, with a tiny smile playing on my lips.

"I'm sorry I brought Brianna to this family." She apologized, pulling away from the hug. She frowned looking down at her hands. "I was giving Kevin shit for breaking her heart. I'm so stupid." She said, guiltily. "Kevin won't even talk to me nor look at me." Tears slipped from her eyes.

I sighed, placing my hand on her cheeks removing the tears. "You didn't know. Kevin doesn't blame you, he's just..." I trailed. "Heartbroken." I continued. I sent her a small smile, grabbing her hand. "She fooled all of us."

Katherine nodded her head. "I know. But I took most part in it by bringing her and accepting her as my friend." She shook her head, blinking her eyes rapidly trying to hide the tears. "Now I regret it. Eliza was kind of better than her." Toni sighed in annoyance.