♔ i. - "I like him."

"Seulgi

"Seulgi."

"Hmm?"

"Have you ever heard of the word covert?"

"Yeah."

"Do you know what it means?"

"Yeah."

"If that's the case, I hope you covertly stare at Jimin instead. Openly staring at someone would make that person uncomfortable." I turned to my right where my best friend, Son Wendy, sat on her desk beside me. Her cheek lazily placed on her palm, elbows on her desk as she looked at me with what seems like a disappointed look. Today's Monday but we're in the same class in all of our morning subjects and right now we're waiting for our professor for Band course. She let out a sigh and I could only tilt my head in confusion.

"But I'm not staring at him though. And I don't think he feels uncomfortable." I looked at him again for a second before looking back at my best friend, not really getting what she's at. She was shaking her head, looking exhausted. I wonder what she did to be this tired. I don't remember her sleeping late last night.

"Then what do you call that?" She crossed her arms and huffed. I frowned, very confused at what she meant. What that?

"Call what?"

"At what you're doing right now! You're obviously staring!" Is that what's making her mad? Does she not want me looking at other people? It's not like I'm planning to befriend them and leave her. Wendy is special to me and I never plan on replacing her. We've been together since I could remember and I'm in no position to throw away our friendship.

"I'm just watching him. I'll always stay by your side, Wendz. Don't worry." I offered a reassuring smile but lost it when her palm met her face with a loud slap sound. Was my assurance too weak?

"I think you're getting me wrong, Seul." I shut my eyes close in pain when she pinched my cheek. I rubbed the painful part with a pout and watched her trying to find a comfortable position on her chair.

"I'm not worried of losing you, though I'm very happy from your assurance." She turned to look at the scene I was just watching before. Taehyungie was talking about something but I eyed him instead, waiting for his reaction. And there it was, his eyes squinted so much while he laughed and I found it so beautiful. His smile is already enough to tell me that he's genuinely happy and I think genuine happiness is beautiful. Like his smile.

"You're doing it again." I turned to Wendy.

"Doing what?"

"Staring."

"Watching." I corrected. "I'm watching him laugh and smile. What's wrong with that?" I shrugged as I watched Wendy's reaction. But she only stared at me with an unreadable expression. Now that's what real staring is. That's not what I've been doing, was it? I don't really understand the deal. I could look like this at someone else too but I choose not to. I do have preferences.