♔ viii. "Seulgi." "Jimin?"

What just happened?

What just happened?

"...min hyung."

The drumming of Jimin's heart did not stop even after walking meters away from the girls' home. His thoughts were at a bay but he struggled to think, to analyze what just happened, and figure out what Seulgi's words meant. The words she had uttered no longer than minutes ago were clear and foggy all at the same time. It could mean one thing but because it came from Seulgi, it could mean another.

Seulgi to Jimin was a complicated girl; like a puzzle that's hard to piece together, or a Rubik's cube in a beginner's hands.

"Every time you smile, it feels like my heart would explode. And it's scary."

Her words repeated in his mind giving him the butterfly effects. To anyone, the words would really seem like an honest confession and as much as Jimin would like to think that it really is, one cannot be so sure since these words came from none other than Seulgi. Looking back, her expression looked troubled. He was lost in thoughts again; thinking that she didn't like that kind of feeling and this scared him too.

What if it's a bother to her? What if... she hates it?

"JIMIN HYUNG!"

"Wha−" Jimin jumped, clutching his chest, surprised by Jungkook who was just giving a weird look at his dazed expression. "You surprised me! What is it?"

"You're the one who surprised me. You look like a zombie, walking with that weird blank expression on your face. It would've been more convincing if you were salivating though." Jungkook mused to himself which earned him a light punch on his arm. "But are you okay? You've been out of it since we left." Jungkook pointed behind them, indicating where they left Seulgi and Yeri.

"Huh?" As if realizing that he must've had a stupid look on his face, Jimin finally sobered. "Oh! Uhm... N-nothing." He was really bad at lying.

"Like I'd believe that." Jungkook playfully scoffs and makes a face at Jimin before facing forward. "Hyung always listens to all of our problems when we're sad and troubled, it can also be the other way around, you know. For someone who's a good listener, you keep a lot to yourself." Taking Jimin's smaller hand in his, Jungkook continued, still not looking at his hyung. "You do know you can lean on us, right?"

It took a moment for Jimin to recover before a wide smile formed on his lips. Ruffling his younger brother's hair with his free hand, he looked at Jungkook with a proud gaze. "You've grown up, Jungkookie."

A shy smile was etched on the younger one's face for a very short while before it turned mischievous, and cheekily, he asked "Is it about your baby bear?"

Among the seven of them, Jungkook probably knew Seulgi better. They were quite close for being members of the same club and surely both of them had more conversations than his and Taehyung's combined. After much thought, ignoring Jungkook's use of Seulgi's contact name in his phone to tease him, he explained what had happened earlier and told him his worry on how to interpret it.