♔ xix. "It doesn't matter what we do."

The night was a special kind of blackness, the kind that wants only to hold the stars and help them to shine all the brighter. It was a warm black that hugged you no matter what, and within its safety Jimin could feel his own soul all the more clearly, that innocent inborn spark.

They had just finished dinner and were now enjoying their first night in peace. A fire crackled in the corner of the campsite, projecting long shadows on the surrounding area. The light cast by the flames danced across the dark trunks of the trees, twisting and curling in obscure shapes and providing a small radius of light. The fire itself was pulsating, the glowing embers seemed to move in rhythm with the flames, matching every dip and sweep. It was mesmerizing to watch, colors of orange and red gave way to yellow and white near the center, where the emanating heat was the greatest.

Seulgi who was sitting on a log beside Wendy smiled as she saw a fairy-like light flew just above them like they were carried in unfelt currents. "Fireflies." She mutters. Soon enough, the place was glowing magically. Just to look at them gave the camp ground a buzz of excitement, as if these tiny glimmers of light had electrified the summer night.

"I'm glad they organized a camp this year. We wouldn't be enjoying nature right now if they didn't." Wendy smiled to herself then hummed along to the song a group of boys by the campfire were singing, one of them with a guitar around his arms.

"I wish eonnie, Yeri and Joy were with us."

"Irene eonnie looks really busy though. She and Yoongi oppa are in charge of this big group after all. As for the two, I'm kind of worried to be honest. I just wish they ate dinner well."

As the two of them were worrying about their sisters, Seulgi shuddered as the night came whispering sweet nothings, luring heat from tired muscles until they could rest no more. It caressed their skin until it stole the pink blush and replaced it with blue. Just as they were feeling the cool breeze pierce through their skin, a sudden warmth enveloped her, a sweet floral scent calming her nerves. She looked up and saw Jimin looking down at her. He had just given her his jacket.

"Why aren't you two covered up? The night is cold." Taehyung said, handing Wendy a fluffy blanket. With a small smile and a thank you, she wrapped it around her and sighed in relief.

"It wasn't that cold earlier." Wendy replied.

Settling beside the girls, they handed each of them a cup of hot chocolate to really keep them warm inside. "Aw, thank you ~ how sweet of you two." Wendy gushed.

Seulgi smiled at Jimin. "Thank you." She said in a small voice.

"You're welcome. Wrap yourselves up properly if you want to stay out like this." Jimin said and sipped on his own cup of chocolate.

"Have you seen noona around?" Taehyung asked Wendy, looking around the site. Wendy shook her head in reply, he's asking about her eonnie but she hasn't seen both her and Yoongi either since the briefing ended this morning.