♔ xviii. This alone is enough.

Jungkook locked his phone after he made sure his message was sent. He was suddenly given instructions by his hyung and he can't say that he didn't expect it. Not that it was a big deal since they were required to have two girls and two boys in a group anyway. Though, he wanted to tease his hyung a little bit by showing defiance but who would've thought he would bring up the fearsome Irene card. None of them would go against that, fearless as he may be, Jungkook wouldn't even dare.

While the student council president, Lee Hongbin and vice president, Park Jiyeon were briefing the freshmen and seniors about the plan of activities for the day, Jungkook's eyes wandered around his group that stayed at the far back.

Yugyeom, Bambam & Seokmin were in a serious conversation about the possibility of being attacked by wild animals in the middle of the night. Jaehyun & Myungho responsibly listened to the briefing while Mingyu and Eunwoo were talking about tents and how to put them up. They weren't a small group but conveniently even. They'd be divided into two groups for the sleeping arrangement. Now, all that's left to do is decide who pairs with who, Jungkook thought.

"Hey." The guys all turned their attention to him. "I'm grouping with Yeri for the activities, who's with me?"

None of them answered right away, instead, they all looked at him weirdly. Not in a bad way, no– more like in wonder. "Yeri? You mean, Kim Yerim from the same class?" Jaehyun asked in which Jungkook replied with a simple nod.

"Since when were you acquainted with her? Isn't she always with Joy?" Bambam asked.

"Jungkook is close with Joohyun sunbaenim though. Were you told to?" Yugyeom asked with no offense intended. The others looked at him, and thought that it was a fair point but Jungkook only shrugged.

"We have to form a group with two girls and two boys. Yeri's a friend and that's it." Yugyeom technically wasn't wrong. He was told to group with the girls by his hyung but it's not like he wasn't thinking about doing so before he was told to.

"Again." Bambam interjected stubbornly. "Since when were you friends?!"

"Woah woah ~ what's the fuss?" Mingyu chuckled and gave his friend a pat on the shoulder. "Jungkook can be friends with whoever he wants, you know."

"Of course he can." Said Myungho. "I think what Bambam's trying to point out is how the hell it happened considering the fact that we never see Jungkook talk to girls in class. Right, Bambam?" He turned to Bambam who in turn, nodded.

Eunwoo stayed quiet but he could hazard a guess that it all started with mutual friends.

"I do talk to girls." Jungkook tilted his head. "Just not in class."

"Jungkookie knows a lot of noonas, and some of them live together with Yeri is what I know. Isn't that right, Jungkook-ah?" Jungkook nodded at Seokmin, answering everyone's question.