♔ xii. "Can you be my..."

"I'm sorry for asking you to help, Jungkook-ah

"I'm sorry for asking you to help, Jungkook-ah." Yeri apologized as she looked down in shame. Jungkook had his arms crossed, putting his weight on his left foot and looking at all the instruments and equipment in front of them. Apparently, Yeri was asked by a sunbaenim to move all the instruments used by the campus band back to the musical instrument lockers. She'd ask someone else for help but none of her friends were loyal enough to help her. Pushing back the shame she felt, Yeri let her evil-self curse their souls but pushed the thoughts aside as soon as they came and let out a sigh instead.

She was lucky enough to have met Jungkook in the hallways. She felt bad because he was heading to the senior department but delayed because of her. "You're meeting with Irene noona anyway, we can go together. Just send her a message or something." He said earlier.

"It's fine." The guy beside her waved off. "They shouldn't have asked a small girl like you to move everything by yourself anyway." He turned to her and smirked playfully making her pout. I am not small! But then again; Okay, maybe compared to him I am.

"Let's go." Yeri looked at his back as he carefully placed the string instruments inside their cases. Jungkook was still Jungkook. Still not completely comfortable around girls but if she would compare him back then when they never shared even a single word, he used to be worse. Looking at the both of them now, at least they weren't 'just classmates' anymore. Acquaintance? Or maybe even... friends? Pft− as if, Kim Yerim. What wishful thinking.

It's not a lie that she was attracted to him but with their current situation and Jungkook's title among the girls, and even his social skills around them, to have a crush on him isn't really the best choice. Oh, Yeri could already guess the outcome. Jungkook was no playboy but it has been known that the day after their opening ceremony, he was already called out to the back of their building for a confession numerous times. All of them? Plainly rejected.

•••

"Everybody has been confessing to Jungkook." She mumbled to herself. Unbeknownst to her, a certain eonnie had positioned herself comfortably beside her in their couch while they waited for dinner.

"Are you pressured to do the same?" Yeri screeched and jumped in fear at the sound of Seulgi's voice. Clutching her chest, Yeri looked at the girl who was eyeing her with a blank look.

"Seulgi eonnie! You scared me!"

"So, are you pressured?" Seulgi pressed again. She had a small sketchpad on her lap and a pencil on her hand. Yeri guessed that she had been sitting beside her for a long time now, just drawing in silence which means she had been listening to her random rambling.

"I− I don't know. I do like him..." She said under her breath. "But that's it. I just like him. Besides, I don't think I have the guts to say a word to him, let alone confess." She finished. Then Seulgi dropped the million dollar question;