♔ xiv. "Can I stay beside you?"

"Jimin-ah, I think you should just do as Jin hyung says

"Jimin-ah, I think you should just do as Jin hyung says. You don't have to go to school if you're not feeling well." Taehyung took it upon himself to prepare his best friend's bag. His unbelievably stubborn best friend thinks he is capable of going over the whole day normally in his current state. It has been excruciatingly painful watching him move about in such a sluggish pace. From buttoning his uniform to tying his shoes, Taehyung had taken the responsibility from the boy.

"I'm fine, Tae. It's not that bad, I can handle it." Jimin replied from his bed where he sat watching Taehyung. They both knew that going to school with the temperature of 38.4° Celsius is very bad but Jimin can't afford to be absent. He always hated missing out a whole day from school, he had to do double efforts to catch up with lectures. Not only that but for some reason, everytime he takes a leave for one day, there's always a dreadful exam the next. He doesn't want to risk failing anything, plus he was sure that he probably needs more than a day to recover so what's the use, really?

Taehyung let out a resigned sigh and finally nodded. "Alright, if you say so." He lifted both of their bags and turned to the door. "Let's go. Jin hyung's giving us all a ride."

Jimin did his best to walk steadily down the stairs, Taehyung trailed behind and warily eyed him the whole time, watched out for any signs of him falling. When Yoongi spotted the two, he sighed as if knowing there was no stopping the younger boy. Instead of talking some sense out of the poor boy, he went back to the kitchen.

"Are you sure you'll be fine, Jiminie?" Jimin nodded at Hoseok in response. He didn't want them to worry about him. If it were a weekend, he would've obediently did as they say but for now, as much as he felt bad about it, he had to be stubborn.

"I'm sure Jimin hyung would feel better once he sees Seulgi noona at school." Jungkook teased his hyung before biting down on his toast bread. The statement only made the boys laugh and Jimin blush.

Remembering yesterday's events; warm hands, lovely smiles, soft laughter, enchanting voice; it felt like his fever hiked up. Suddenly feeling dizzy, he leaned on Namjoon for support who then gave his head soft pats as they waited for Jin to finish preparing.

•••

"Alright. Have fun at school." Jin never missed his chance on fulfilling his role as the head of the family with his fatherly remarks like this one. Yoongi always rolled his eyes whenever their oldest hyung does unnecessary things like this.

From the car, Jin watched them wave goodbye at him and head off to leave but before he forgets, he calls out to Jimin who paused and turned back to him. "Yes, hyung?"

He was still worried for letting Jimin go to school in this condition, he could even see the quick yet subtle pants the boy was exhaling but they all knew there was really no stopping him. "Don't wear yourself out, okay? If it gets worse, don't hesitate to go to the clinic."