♔ xx. "I'm sorry."

It was the perfect moment at a perfect spot

It was the perfect moment at a perfect spot. The sun was up but it wasn't too hot,  the wind blew and her hair flowed beautifully over her shoulders. A shy smile plastered on her pretty face, cheeks with an adorable blush, eyes gleaming with hesitation and excitement. Finally, she's going to tell him what she feels. The affection she's been harboring all this time.

She watched Jimin who did not know what to expect. The view behind him was phenomenal. It just added up to the atmosphere and he was just so picturesque. Her heart was beating so loud, she feared he would hear it.

She had her hands clasped in front of her. She stood still, looking at him, gathering her courage to say the words she's been feeling all these time. Jimin was in front of her in all his wonder and she wondered if he was as nervous as she was.

"So... You mentioned you had something to tell me?" Jimin started, his voice gentle. Somehow... He had a feeling. He looked at the beautiful girl in front of him, giving her his full attention. After all, she seeked him out personally.

"I—..." She started. Stepping forward towards him, she tip toed and stared at him in the eye. "I—..."

It was perfect. Everything was perfect from the weather, the view to the atmosphere. She had him. He was finally looking at her. This is it. I can do this.

"I like you!" She confessed. "Please go out with me!" Her hands clasped in front of her chest, her eyes closed, her cheeks warm and her heart thumping. It was such a perfect moment, the perfect confession she had always dreamed of.

"I'm sorry." If only she just didn't get her heart broken. Everything would've been perfect.

Jimin looked back to what had happened a couple of minutes earlier.

•••

Jimin waited for the girls to finish preparing for the hike with Taehyung who was walking around taking pictures with his Leica M6 Rangefinder Film Camera. It was a gift he received from his brothers on his birthday last year. It would've been unfortunate to not bring it with him at such a wonderful place like the forest. Jimin watched him take photos of random sceneries and even of him and the girls as well.

His mind wandered to last night, a nightwell spent. He recalled her warmth touching his shoulder, the feel of her smooth hand on his, her eyes that reflected the glowing embers from the flame and her smile that he'll never get tired of. He could see wind-stirred waves in her eyes. If one were brave enough to enter their depths, all else would blur and you'd fall so deep in love that you'd choose to stay there, no matter what. Of that, he's completely sure.

Jimin looked up and he thought about how clear his feelings were for her. As clear as the sky he was looking at right now.

I love her.