19: How long can my happiness last?

"Tell me," I said as Derek and I walked into the TMW mansion side by side, "why were you mean to me?"

"I was upset. I was seeing you for the first time in three years. You had your own company. You had a new boyfriend. I was just sad that I wasn't there for you. I couldn't watch and support you with your business, watch you succeed and become the woman that you are today." He sighed. "Also, I hated your boyfriend. I hated that he could have you when I couldn't."

I sadly smiled as I took my hand and put it in his. He looked down at me.

"I'm sorry." He shook his head.

"It's not your fault. I'm just glad that you're back." I nodded, also glad. I wanted to be with Derek Minaar for as long as I could.

💖🎤💖

The girl that Derek was with was his sister. Even after dating for two years, I still had never met his family. He kept on saying that they were racist and wouldn't approve of our relationship. So for a while, I let it go. That was until he proposed and I fell pregnant, and then I told him that I needed to meet his family and he agreed. But then I got into an accident and lost my memory. So that stopped being an option.

"Hello, you must be Lesedi." His sister, Drew, greeted as soon as we entered. I smiled at her, finally glad to be meeting her.

"Hi, it's nice to finally meet you." She grinned.

"It's nice to finally meet you." She said excitedly. After you have been the talk of the town for so long, how could I not want to meet you."

"She remembers." Derek said and Drew gasped. She then embraced me in a hug.

"Sister." She said, her hug getting tighter. "I can't believe that we are finally meeting. Derky, here has never stopped talking about you." She moved back, but left her arms on my shoulders as she looked at me. "Gosh, you're beautiful too."

"Thank you."

She shook her head embracing me in another bone crushing hug.

"No, thank you for finally remembering."

After the glorious meeting Derek pulled me away, to upstairs. I was curious, but chose not to ask questions. He led me straight down the hall, and if I remembered correctly, to his bedroom. All fan girl feelings aside, I was excited.

"I guess now I have to choose another bias, aren't I?"

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You know. The member that I like the most. You used to be my bias." Derek scoffed.

"Used to? Lesi, that hurts." I giggled.

"No, I mean that you are, but I have to change you now." I looked up at Derek's amused features.

"It's that easy, huh?"

"We're dating now, so it won't be fair to everyone else."

"That's understandable, I guess. In fan girl logic." He looked down at me. "So even when you did not remember me, I was still your favourite?" I made a thoughtful expression.

"I'm not supposed to tell you, because you'll get a big head."

"I don't think it can get any bigger." I giggled as I held onto Derek's arm. I inhaled his scent. It had changed over the years. He smelt more expensive now.

"You were the first voice that I heard when I woke up." He looked down at me, a look of surprise on his face. "Duncan was playing TMW's first album on his phone. He told me that it came from a new band, and then chuckled, holding back sobs as he told me that they even created a new genre while I was in the coma. Anyways, the song that was playing was the one that you sang for me last night. Your verse was playing when I first opened my eyes, and I took it as a sign." He smiled at me and then leaned in to briefly brush his lips over mine. He then looked into my eyes.