Chapter Ten

I smile at her and give her a hug. She then starts to sob.

I tighten my grip and she buries her head into my shoulder. She lifts her head up to look at me. She studies my face then puts her hand on my shoulder.

"Thank you for saving me" she grins.

I nod. I sit there confused while looking at the ground.

"Why were they after you" I ask.

She takes a deep breath. "I don't know they're just boys and I guess they think they own me or something".

"So they're just doing it to have fun" I ask worried.

She nods "I guess".

I could feel my whole body become shaky. I was worried for her she's younger then me and is getting picked on. Reminds me of... me!

"Oh I'm Beckett by the way".

I nod and smile. "I'm Riley".

We both shake hands. I tell he to stay in the bushes while I peek out. I lifted my head to see if anyone was there but there wasn't so I stood the rest of the way up and gave Beckett my hand.

We both pull ourselves out of the bush where we stand in silence.

"Where's your home" I ask her.

Beckett points to a small street next to the corner shop. "That's my street".

I nod.

I turn to her and grin. "I'll walk you back home ok".

She smiles and gives me a tight hug.

"Fine by me". "My family would love to meet my saviour".

I laugh. "Lead the way".

We walk down this little street to this little white and grey house. It was the most beautiful house I have ever seen.

"C'mon" Beckett says as she goes to turn the door knob. I smile and walked up to the door.

She opens the door and screams out "mum, dad, bro come meet my new friend who also saved me from two boys".

I stand there with my head down to the ground.

"Hello Beckett is this your friend". I pull my head up to see a beautiful lady with hair as yellow as corn and eyes as blue as the sky.

"Hi" I say nervously. "I'm Riley".

The mother smiles at me and gives me a hug.

"Thank you for saving our daughter".

"Who's this Beckett" a low voice asks.
The mother stood up and pointed at me.

"Dear this is the girl that saved Beckett from two boys".

The father shakes my hand. "Thank you young lady". I smile.

All of a sudden I hear a voice coming from behind both parents...

"Riley"!!