Chapter Eighteen

I wake up to hear the door open and a man in a white robe walk in. "Good morning Riley I'm doctor Ming, I'm here to do a check up". "Is that alright"?

I nod and try to sit up, but I'm too weak. "Don't try to sit up dear your still too weak to move". I nod again.

Doctor Ming checks my eyes, ears, throat, and blood pressure. He then checks my heart, lungs and brain to see if any damage was done.

"I've got very happy news". "All your organs are still functional and nothing has been badly damaged". "You should be happy Riley because not many people can survive a stab like that".

I smile and thank him. He nods at me then calls Jasmine into the room and leaves us for some alone time.

Jasmine sits down beside the bed and sighs. "How you feeling him"?

I smile. "I feel fine". Out of nowhere i started to cry. "Oh Hun" Jasmine says as she brings me in for a hug. "Why does everyone hate me" I ask while sobbing. Jasmines face turned pale like a ghost, then took a deep breath.

"Riley there just jealous of you". "I mean I would be too, your funny, beautiful, smart, sweet, amazing, your perfect and other people are just angry because they can't be just like you". I smile after Jasmine finished saying that.

"There we go there's my happy little sister that I adore so much". I laugh and give her a kiss on the cheek.

"When can I leave" I ask. Jasmine shrugs her shoulders "I don't know shorty, I'll go ask". Jasmine gets up and walks out the door, leaving me alone in my room. As I lay there I start to think.

"Ava went to far". "She should be punished". But as I say that I remembered what Jasmine said.

"Riley there just jealous of you". "I mean I would be too, your funny, beautiful, smart, sweet, amazing, your perfect and other people are just angry because they can't be just like you".

I smile because deep down I knew that Jasmine was right. I am amazing inside and out, I just wished that everyone knew that too.