Chapter Twenty-Four

I arrive at home with the thought of Noah liking me. Ha I doubt it, why would someone love me.

I walk inside my house taking a deep breath because if Jasmine is good at anything it's telling if something isn't right.

"Hey shorty" smiles Jasmine as I shut the door behind me. "H-hey" I say nervously. I really don't want her to know about the dance or anything!!

Jasmine looks at me with a suspicious glare then slowly turns her head the other direction never leaving my sight.

As I walk up the stairs to my room I hear Jasmine slam down a metal object and run to the bottom of the stairs. "What's wrong shorty"? I look at her confused then awkwardly place my hand on the railing trying to act cool. "Wha I'm fine". I quickly give her a little smile hoping she doesn't ask anything else.

Jasmine glares at me then then says "ok" and slowly walks away. I let out a sigh and run up to my room, closing the door.

I pull out the note and scan it up and down. I pull my ace out of the letter and fall on my back. The thought of Noah in love with me was so weird I never thought of him that way. "That's bull" my inner voice says. I roll my eyes and try to imagine the dance.

Ah pink and white ribbons with a light brown stage with all sorts of instruments lined up in a row. All of a sudden I find Noah standing in front of me holding a bunch of pink roses. My favourite. He leans in close, his mouth pressed against my ear and whispers "I've always loved you Ri".

"Ahhhh!!" I scream as u snap back into reality. I prop myself up to see Jasmine with her arms crossed, just staring at me.

"I knew something was up" she says pointing her finger at me. I stand up and give her a little smile and nod. "What's up" Jasmine asks.

I place my right hand in my shoulder and let out a deep breath. "Um I have a high school dance and I think someone likes me"?