Chapter Twenty-Three

I could hear the kids yelling out to me. "RILEY"!! I feel Noah pull on my arm.
"Over here". Me and Audrey follow Noah into the bushes. All the kids ran past still screaming out, while me, Audrey and Noah cover our mouths, hoping that they don't find us.

I stand up and peer over the bushes. As I'm about to turn around something caught my eye. A sign? I wonder what about?.

I jump out of the bush and walk over to the wall it was stuck to. I pull it down and stare at it reading the fine print:

Buckle high's school dance is coming!! Hope to see you all there..

"OMG I can't wait till then" Audrey squeals in excitement. I turn my head to Noah who is caressing his neck and staring at me, awkwardly smiling.
Yeh
"Ok" I say awkwardly while shoving the poster into my bag. "Lets go" Noah said before walking ahead of us. I stare at him confused then started to walk.

"Not so fast", I hear Audrey say as she grabs my arm and twirls me around, facing her. "What" I ask, shrugging my shoulders. She smiles at me and blows her hair out of her face. "Noah likes you" she says with a excited smile glued to her face. I place my hands on my waist "what"!

"He does I could sense it". I roll my eyes in disbelief and walk in the same direction as Noah. "HE DOES"!! screams Audrey, but I keep walking. Could he actually like me?