5

trouble
——————————————————
My locker slammed shut, startling me. "What the fuck dude?!" I yelled whilst clutching my forehead, feeling a headache starting to form. "I'm taking you out." Carl demanded, waving a stack of cash in my face. My eyes bulged and I grabbed the roll, flicking through the hundreds of notes. "Jesus, how'd you get all of this? There must to thousands in here!" I exclaimed, handing the bills back to him.

He took my hand and led me into the boys restroom, ordering a freshman, who was drying his hands, to leave. He scurried off as Carl ushered me into the out-of-order stall. A large black duffel bag sat on the tiles which he unzipped, revealing 10 or so guns. "Really? You're selling guns to kids? You must me insane! If you got caugh-" He cut me off by covering my mouth with his hand. "I won't get caught if you keep your mouth shut." He replied sternly and I looked at my feet, trying to bite my tongue.

"Pick me up at 7. I'll text you my address after class." I gave in, walking out of the bathroom stall. "Okay but be ready because I'm not very patient." Carl replied before we discreetly exited the restrooms, going our seperate ways.

[later that evening]

I slipped on a black bodycon dress, admiring my figure in the mirror by my bedroom door. My hands smoothed out the creases in the skirt, also grabbing a matching fanny pack and strapping it around my chest. Finally, I slipped my feet into a pair of air forces before skipping into the bathroom.

My makeup remained simple but classic. I had a soft smokey eye with nude lips and my hair was tied in two French braids. Suddenly, I heard a loud car horn coming from outside. I peeked my head out of the window to see Carl leaning against a Range Rover, scrolling through something on his phone. I made my way downstairs and opened the front door, watching him look up from his phone with a smile on his face. His eyes wondered up and down my body as I made my way towards him, greeting me with a slap on the ass.

"Ok, watch it Gallagher!" I snapped with a scowl but he redeemed himself by opening the car door for me. Once he was seated in front of the steering wheel, Carl started the engine, sending us flying towards downtown Chicago.

[later that night]

We were in a club full of sweaty bodies, grinding to the music. Me and Carl screamed the lyrics to songs by XXXTENTACION and Post Malone, clutching onto each other as we were both quite tipsy. He pulled me into him and we danced like that for a while until he offered to buy me another drink. I nodded and we pushed our way through the crowd, towards the bar where I hopped onto an empty stool. "Two shots please." Carl ordered, handing the barman some cash.

Suddenly, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned around to see a tall, muscular guy, the opposite of Carl. He grinned down at me and I bit my lip as our eyes met. "You wanna dance?" The guy asked, offering his hand. I nodded eagerly before saying, "Sure, just gimme a second." After turning back to Carl, my eyebrows creased as he'd suddenly disappeared. "Carl? Where'd you go?" I whispered, getting up off my stool and trying to find him in the few people crowded by the bar.

"Did you see-?" I stopped myself mid-sentence once I noticed the other guy had also pissed off, making me sigh. It was pointless trying to find Carl on the dance floor so I turned to plan B, the restrooms. It took me a minute of thought before I plucked up enough courage to enter the men's bathroom, taking a quick look around. A guy turned his head to face me from the urinal and smirked, making me look at him in disgust.

I tried the first stall but it was empty, the second was locked but it was only some guy trying to take a shit and the last one was also no luck, except for an open window that caught my eye. I stuck my head out of it, noticing a white van accompanied by two men. They were stamping on someone who I couldn't quite make out but I decided to investigate anyway. There was an exit door by the restrooms that I pushed open, leading me onto a back street where the van was parked.

Loud grunts could be heard and I tried to see who was making them, peering through a gap in some shrubs I was hiding behind. Some cornrows could be spotted under one of the men's feet and my breath hitched, figuring out the victim of the beating. I darted out from the shadows and sprinted towards one of the men, planning to take him out from behind. My legs wrapped around his stomach as I clutched onto his throat, trying to choke him to the ground. Once he was down, I noticed he was the 'cute' guy who had asked me to dance in the club. "That son of a bitch.." I muttered before stepping over his body and going to rescue Carl.

The other man was forcing him into the back of the van which gave me time to sneak round to the front and climb in the drivers seat. "Suckers." I whispered, noticing the key was still in the ignition. Once the back doors had closed, I started the engine and stuck my middle finger out of the window, driving off with Carl and the van. The men were left dumb-founded in the street as I turned onto the highway, trying to get us home.

[end of chapter]

nessa is a such a badass, i love her