16

forgive and forget
——————————————————
We'd been sat in silence for what felt like hours, just staring into space. I'd stopped crying and my anger had faded as I'd had time to clear my head, until Carl broke the silence. "Do you remember that day in detention?" He looked up at me with a weak smile and rested his head on the wall behind him. I chuckled at the thought of Carl and I launching ourselves out of the classroom window before replying, "I wish I could've seen Mr Harrison's reaction to coming back to an empty classroom.."

"I've missed you. I've missed us.." He bit his lip but I wasn't falling for any of it. "Don't start this again Carl," I let out a sigh as my head rested on my crossed arms. "You're just making it harder for me.." Suddenly, I heard him get up from his bed and stand in front of me. "I wouldn't be making it hard if you really hated me and never wanted to speak to me again. In fact, you wouldn't be here right now, would you?" As much as I didn't want to admit it, he had a point and I raised my head, waiting to hear what else he had to say. "Let's just stop playing hard-to-get and move on! Life's too short to hold grudges over stupid shit."

He outstretched his hand and, after a few seconds of hesitation, I took it, allowing him to pull me up. Carl's arms wrapped around me, embracing my small body in a hug, and we stood like that for a few minutes, cherishing our first positive interaction in months. Suddenly, he picked me up and span me around, which made us both burst into fits of laughter. He stumbled over one of Liam's toys and fell onto his bed, dropping me beside him. "Woops." I giggled, propping my head up with my hand.

After staring at each other for a few seconds, Carl rolled his eyes and pulled me on top of him. "Come here." He craned his neck upwards and started kissing me harshly, something I hadn't felt in a long time. I couldn't hold back any longer and returned the kiss, turning our innocent, friendly cuddle into a hard-core makeout session. His hands ran up and down my sides, slipping under my hoodie and drawing circles on my stomach. Whilst my hands were tousled in his hair, I felt his move towards my breasts, tugging at my bra.

Suddenly, I felt him pull away and lift up my hoodie, revealing my chest. "You're wearing the set I helped you into." His eyes flicked between my boobs and my face, the corners of his mouth curving up into a smirk. "Come on, let's see it!" He pointed to the opposite corner of his room and I groaned before rolling off him. After pulling off my pyjamas, I turned around to give him a full view of my underwear, watching him stare me down with lust in his eyes. "Okay, that's enough of that." I said, picking up my shirt and pulling it back on. "That's all I needed baby, welcome to my spank bank." He joked, shooting me a wink and in return, I playfully slapped his arm, getting back into his bed.

[the next day]

I woke up with a shirtless Carl sleeping on my chest. My fingers combed through his locks whilst I looked around for my phone, resting my eyes on the nightstand. They buldged out their sockets, shocked to see a used condom lying on the wood. I jumped out of bed, waking Carl from his slumber, and began pacing around the room, trying to remember the events of yesturday.

"Whats wrong V?" He asked, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. "What's that doing there? We didn't did we..?" I pointed to the rubber and shivered. A smirk appeared on Carl's face, answering my question, and my stomach twisted anxiously. "Fuck. Fuck. Fuck!" My voice got louder as I continued to pace whilst he stayed in bed, laughing his ass off. "April Fools!" He yelled through his giggles and I stopped in the middle of his room, glaring at him. "When you fell asleep, I jerked off into a condom to make it look like we did. Wow, you're so easy to prank!"

I grabbed a pillow from the floor and chucked it at him. "One, that's so gross and two, it's fucking June!" He shrugged and raised his brows at me. "If we had fucked, would it have needed that reaction though? Am I that bad?" I crossed my arms and sank back down on the bed. "Well I wasn't exactly planning on making out with you when I came over. I didn't even think we'd patch things up." My head settled on his stomach and he started playing with my hair, tickling my scalp.

"What does this make us?" Carl asked and I took a moment to think. "Friends?" I shot him a toothy grin but he just laughed as if he had a better idea, pecking me on the lips. "Friends with benefits more like." My eyes playfully rolled before replying, "Let's just see where this goes."

[end of chapter]

carl's gf in season 8 sounds so fucking annoying,, i've watched a clip of them in an argument and she was being so dramatic like jeez