18

blood-stained clothes
——————————————————
Everyone had seen the photo of me and Carl. It had been printed in the school newspaper, along with an article that girl had written about us, and by the time lunch rolled around, the whole school had read it.

As I was making my way to the schools exit, someone grabbed at my arm, stopping me in my tracks. Dominique was stood behind me with her little group of prostitues huddled around her, looking me up and down disapprovingly. "I'm in a bit of a rush so if you'll excuse me.." I turned sharply and started walking towards the gate again before feeling a sharp pain in my shin. My legs buckled and I fell to my knees, looking up at Dom who stood over me, a smug expression on her face. "What the fuck is wrong with you?" I growled, squaring up to her.

"You think you're so perfect because you're miss popular all of a sudden. Well, wake up princess because you're fucking not. You're the biggest slut I've ever met!" She replied as a crowd starting gathering around us. I scoffed, "You cant talk sweetheart. Rumour has it, you tested positive for gonorrhoea from fucking every guy in this school." I watched as Dominique's face turned bright red with anger, her body leaping forward and tackling me to the floor again. "You don't know shit Vanessa!" She screeched as her sharp acrylics clawed at my face, but I quickly managed to push her off.

"You're just a jealous bitch who's salty about me getting Carl and not you. When will you get over the fact that he'll never want you for more than your body?" I snarled, wiping the blood from my cheek. Sniggers could be heard from the crowd and I smirked but that was soon wiped off my face as Dominique's friends ran over, beginning to kick and punch me. Eventually, they backed away, leaving my body helpless and aching on the concrete. "Come on girls, this scum isn't worth anymore of our time. Let's leave her where she belongs!" Dom ordered, picking up her fake Micheal Kors purse and flipping her dry curls over her shoulder. Her minions followed and I picked up my stuff before stumbling to my feet, trying to catch my balance.

[carl's pov]

I heard a loud thump coming from the front door, making me jump
off the couch so I could investigate. Cautiously, I opened the door, revealing Vanessa in a crumpled pile on the porch, her face cut and bruised. "Shit!" I gasped, pulling her into my arms and hearing her quiet sobs as I carried her inside. "What was that-" Fiona entered the living room but stopped mid-sentence, taking in Vanessa's condition. "I'll help you clean her up." She gave me a weak smile before disappearing into the kitchen, gathering various clothes and a bowl of water.

My hands cupped Tessa's face as I looked down at her, asking "Who did this to you?" She tried to sit up but I lightly held her down, watching Fiona dab at the cut on her face. "D..Dominique." I heard her whisper and anger started to brew in the pit of my stomach. Before asking any further questions, I waited for the blood to be cleaned up before carrying V upstairs and setting her down on my bed. "What happened?" My voice was low and serious as I paced around my room. "D..Dom stopped me after school and we got into an ar..argument. We ended up having another fight but they all g..ganged up on me." She stuttered, staring down at her hands. I stopped and looked over at her, my brows furrowing. "Who's 'they'? It wasn't just Dominique you fought with?" Her head shook, indicating her answer was 'no', and I clenched my fists. "Her little gang joined in.."

We sat in silence for a few minutes, taking the time to think of a way to make Dom pay. Suddenly, everything clicked and I sat down beside Vanessa, preparing to tell her my little plan. "Okay, here's what we're gonna do.."

[end of chapter]

i'm home now and i've got a few weeks to chill, meaning i'll be updating quite a few chapters and my youtube channel. how's your weekend going? 💋