Daddy dearest

"He's an arrogant self centered asshole and I hate working with him," I insist. Makenzie seems to think that I like working with Ryan. I'm currently at lunch with her and her twin brother.

"You don't find him at all attractive?" Asks Max her twin.

"Never have."

"I don't believe you," Max says in a sing song voice and I roll my eyes before taking a bite of my pizza and reading my book. "Carter." I hear Max say I'm a strained voice and I snap my head up.

"I never have and I never will find him attractive and even if I did he's annoying and hot headed and confusing," I say in an annoyed tone.

"I assume your talking about me." A familiar voice says from right behind me. I turn in my seat to see Ryan standing right behind my chair.

"Oh hi," I say following with a nervous laugh nearly choking on the food in my mouth.

"I was just gonna ask if you wanted to work on the project after school," says Ryan and I almost agree until my leg rubs the chair the wrong way and a little burning sensation reminds me I can't.

"I can't after school today but I can tomorrow."

"Kay give me your phone and I'll give you my number." He says so I grab my I phone from my pocket slightly embarrassed with the fact that it's an only an I phone five knowing he probably has the newest of everything. After a second Ryan hands me back my phone and I notice that he texted himself.

"Hotty McAwesomeness," I read and let out a little chuckle he is so idiotic.

"I think he likes you," says Max and I throw a french fry at him.

------
*warning abuse*
"Bye!" I call to Makenzie from my porch. I make sure she's out of sight before I slowly open my front door and sneak across the hall to the stairs trying not to make a noise. I am successful until about halfway up the stairs. I step on a step that lets out a long loud moan. I wince and almost continue up the stairs but my fathers slurred voice stops me.

"Hey, Carter come here?" He calls out trying to sound nice but I know as soon as I enter the beer scented, smoke-filled living room I'll be in for a nasty surprise.

"Yes sir," I call back and slowly walk to the living room. As soon as I step into the living room a beer bottle comes flying at my head. I manage to dodge it but it shatters on the wall behind me and a piece of glass buries itself if the back of my thigh

"You were trying to sneak upstairs weren't you, you little bitch," my father slurs and I shake my head.

"No sir I swe-"

"Don't lie to me!" He screams and I nod vigorously.

"I'm sorry sir," I say quietly and he stands up and makes his way over to me. I look down and don't say anything.

"You lied again." 

"No sir, I am sorry."

"You lied then too!" He screams before punching me hard in the stomach causing me to double over in pain.

"I'm sorry." I choke out but he smacks me anyways making me fall to the ground. He then kicks my stomach. I silently sob as he continuous kicking my stomata he and legs. He then pulls me up by my hair an I let out a scream as he uses his pocket knife to carve bitch into my stomach. He then pushed me into a wall hard enough that I fade into unconsciousness.

---
I blink my eyes a few times as they adjust to the light and try to sit up but pain shoots through my whole body. I let my mouth fall open in a silent scream. I then use the wal to slowly pull myself up and check the time.i see it's 5:27. By this time my father would be at clubs blowing all the money he gets from the job that he doesn't go to 99.9 percent of the time but still gets paid a lot for.

I groan and slowly make my way to the bathroom attached to my room. I turn on the water and peel of my bloody clothes. I let the water get warm before entering. I watch as the clear liquid turns red then flows down the drain. Once the water no longer has a red tinge I wash myself with coconut and pineapple body wash along with washing my hair with coconut shampoo and conditioner. I then wash my face before turning off the water. I dry off and apply cream to all my bruises and cuts. I then pull on black shorts and a tie dye shirt my brother left before leaving for college.

Next I head downstairs and clean all the beer bottle and cigarette buds up along with emptying he ash trays. Then I vacuum and sweep and mop the entire house I dust everything and wash the kitchen counters and clean the bathrooms. I also do all the dishes and laundry and I take out the trash and recycling. I then clean my room and my fathers room along with folding the blankets in the living room. Finally I light candles all over the house covering the smell of beer and cleaning supplies with the smell of snickerdoodles and chocolate. For a second I sit on my couch close my eyes and take a deep breath in. Everything seems perfect again. It's like my older brother is sitting in his room playing video games while my mom bakes cookies and my father cuddles with me on the couch.

That's how my life was a year ago. I had a loving father a tolerable brother the perfect mom and a dog named Twix. One day though that all changed. On my birthday one year ago my mom and dad took me and my brother out to the beach where we played all day and laughed and had a picnic it was the best day ever but then on the car ride home everything changed. Some idiot ran a red light and crashed into our car at 80 mph. My father got away with only a concussion, a broken arm, a broken leg, and a few shattered ribs. I was not buckled when this happened so I was propelled forward which the hospital said could have actually saved my life because the car crashed into my door. I got away with a shattered ankle which only made my ankle even more weak, a broken wrist, my arm broken in two places, a broken rib and a giant gash on my head. My brother on the other hand managed to only break his arm and two ribs but he nearly cut his leg off on a jagged price of metal and had to have it amputated. Now he has a fake leg. My mom got it the worse with two broken legs, a shattered arm, almost all of her ribs broken, a cracked skull, and she went into a coma. At first as we were all healing everything was okay and we assumed my mom would wake up soon.

But the school year finished, then summer passed by, and eventually my brother left for college and my mom still hadn't woken up so my dad started drinking. He then got violent until it turned into a beating almost everyday. I try not to hate my father knowing it's the alcohol and not knowing if he's ever going to be able to speak to the love of the life of his life again. I feel like it would be better if my mom had died instead of us not knowing if she's ever going to wake up again.

I sigh and pull myself off the couch grabbing a little food and bringing it to my room. I eat and watch Netflix before falling asleep wondering if I'll ever hear my moms laugh again or see her sparkling greens eyes again.

------

Word count- 1327
-----
Mackenzie Birch-young Scarlett Johansson
Mac Birch- Young Hunter Johansson
------
Sooooo sad right. I mean it could be a lot sadder but that was still pretty sad.... anywayy it's longer. And I updated it in the same day. Oh and pleeeeeaaaassse

Vote
&
Comment

-Emma♥️