Awake

So I know I said they're juniors the gym chapter ( I went back and changed it if You don't know what I'm talking about) but I actually kind of need them to be seniors. So their seniors and Carter is 17 and Ryan is 18.

I rush up to the lady at the desk and she looks at me weirdly.

"Ma'm are you okay are you hurt, is someone you know hurt?" The lady asks and I frown.

"No I need to know what room my moms staying in. Uh Rosalyn Shaw." I say and the lady turns to her computer and starts typing. I would have just went to the room I was so used to my mom being in but my brother said that they moved her after doing some tests.

"Ok second floor room 231." The lady states and I thank her then grab Ryan and pull him to the elevator but it closes before I can reach it so I drag Ryan to the stairs and race up to the second floor. I follow the signs and finally reach room 231. I knock on the door and hear my dads voice say come in.

I open the door to find my brother and dad sitting next to my moms bed when she sits eating jello.

"Mom." I whisper and she looks in my direction. "Mom." I say much louder then practically run towards my mother crying. I hug my mom gently as we both sob.

"You're okay. Oh thank god you're alive, and you're awake. Mom never scare me like that again." I say while sobbing into my moms shoulder.

"I won't sweetie I swear I won't. I love you Carter." My mom replies and finally pulls away. "Oh look how much you've grown, my beautiful girl. Look- oh my goodness is that a ring. Your dad said your only 17." Mom says pointing out the ring to everyone in the room.

"Well Yea but.." I start but don't know what to say.

"Oh your age doesn't matter your dad asked me to marry him when I was 16 the day I had met him." My mom says and I giggle.

"Ryan asked me me to marry him today." I say.

"Oh what is today, we have to remember this day." My mom says laughing as my dad and Mathew still stare with shock at the ring on my finger.

"Mom it's December 25th, it's Christmas." I say and my mom laughs.

"So I guess my waking up is a Christmas miracle. And wow the guy your marrying is a real hopeless romantic." My mom says managing to stay cheerful and happy even after waking up from a comma. She's the woman I remember and love so much.

"He really is, you know he's actually been in love with me since 8th grade." I say and mom giggles as we talk about boys like we did before the accident.

"Mom I'm so glad your awake. I always wanted for you to be the first to know when someone proposed to me." I say smiling at my mother.

"I'm glad I'm awake too. I missed you even though honestly the accident feels like it was just yesterday." She then scoots to the middle of the bed and pats each side of her so me and Mathew both climb into bed next to her.  She smiles kissing both of our foreheads.

"Love would you go get me more jello." My mom says to my dad but before he can respond Ryan pipes up.

"I'll do it Mrs. Shaw." He offers then turns his attention to me. "I'll be right back mi amore." He says before leaving the room.

"He's Italian!?" My mom says her mouth falling open.

"Yup." I say and my mom scrunches up her nose.

"I wish your dad was Italian." She says and me and Mathew laugh as my dad pouts.

"Ouch honey I'm offended." He says and tries to look sad but this is the happiest I've seen him since the accident.

———
My mom was released four days later but she has to go to physical therapy twice a week after bed rest for one week. Those four days had been the best of my life and I imagine that the time following will be just as amazing. Me and my mom have been looking and wedding magazines and venues. The plan is to have the wedding over the summer a week after graduation when our family is already down here. It's going to be wonderland themed because of my obsession with Alice in wonderland and it will be outdoors. Me and Ryan are getting engagement pictures next week he's actually flying me my mom dad and bother him his sister and brother out to Niagara Falls where he reserved two hours for a professional photographer to take pictures. He said his mom will meet us there. Honestly this all just feels like a fairytale with my mom waking up and marrying my Prince Charming. After the school year ends he is set to inherit his moms multi billion dollar company and he promised he'll buy me a castle and we'll travel the world. This man means the world to me and I can't wait to spend my life with him.