Rise and Shine Love

Those were the first words I hear when I wake up, "Rise and shine love." In a deep sleepy voice, not all husky and hot like in movies but slightly high pitched and disoriented and extremely adorable. I open my eyes to see Ryan staring back at me. Well kind of. Ryan was wrong on the shine part it was pitch black.

When I fell asleep the fire and the moon were lighting everything up, but now the fire had been put out(by our friends who left us out here, they're so nice right?) and the moon was hidden behind some trees. I was still laying on Ryan's lap and he was half leaning on me half leaning on a very close tree.

"Did they leave us out here?" I ask and Ryan says a simple yes. "I think my brother wants you to get eaten by bears," I say simply and he laughs but it's half-hearted and quiet.

"So since I kind of showed up unexpected where do I sleep?"

"You can stay in my room tonight," I say and Ryan nods then we both get up and stumble a little.

"So which way is the Cabin?" Ryan asks and I take a random guess which turned out to be very lucky. I squint my eyes thinking I see it in the distance then slam into the wooden wall of the cabin.

"Ow!" I squeak and Ryan laughs. Then he trips and I take my turn laughing at him.

"That hurt."

"No duh genius."

"Be nice."

"Make me."

Shut up." I say inching towards him on the ground.

"Shut up." He says his voice getting that husky morning thing now.

"Make me," I say making my voice as flirtatious as possible. Next thing I know he's on top of me his face inches from mine his breath on my lips.

"Gladly." He says and I feel lips pressed to mine. It was a brief kiss Ryan pulled away quickly but only to brush my hair out of my face.

"Beautiful."

"You can't even see me."

"I don't need to," Ryan says then leans down to kiss me again this time it lasts. It feels like his lips are pressed to mine for eternity, like his hands take years to move half a centimeter on my body. I never want it to end. And I don't think it would have if the motion sensor lights hadn't chosen that moment to turn on and scare me enough to make me accidentally knee him, and let out a small squeal into his mouth.

Ryan rolls off of me onto the ground and I see that we're on the west side of the house laying on grass so soft and green it might as well be fake.

"We should probably go to bed."

"Yea."

------
Ryan's POV

When we get back to Carters room she grabs an oversized t-shirt and shorts out of the suitcase her brother brought her.

"Could you uh turn around," Carter asks timidly, the same way she's done everything since we kissed outside.

"Yea of course," I say and turn. I feel the urge to turn around and if it were any other girl I would have but I just... didn't.

"You didn't look?" Carter says in surprise and I turn to find her with all her clothes on.

"Did you want me to?" I ask and Carter's eyes widen.

"No! Uh no I was just.. surprised." She says stumbling over her words.

"You good?"

"Yea." She says and there's an awkward silence. "So you can sleep on the couch." Carter says motioning to an ugly pale blue couch that would only fit half of me, it was almost a chair. "No actually you can't can you? Okay I'll take the couch I'm small you can have the bed." Carter says and before I respond she ha half the blankets that were on the king sized bed and two of the 6 pillows and lays on the couch in a position that looks anything but comfortable.

"You know I could-"

"Shut up Ryan, I'm comfortable and tired so I'm not moving." Carter says cutting off my offer to sleep on the floor.

"K." I say and grab some sweatpants and a cotton shirt. I leave the room to try and find a bathroom. I find one and change. Normally I'd sleep in my underwear but I assumed that would make Carter uncomfortable. So I pull on the restraining clothes and return to Carters room.

When I get back to the room I pull the covers down to get into the bed but stop when I hear a soft bang like something fell. I turn to find Carter sprawled on the floor still asleep. I chuckle a little and check to make sure she's not hurt. When I find no obvious signs I pick her up carefully so I don't wake her up and bring her over to the bed. I lay her down and pull a blanket over her then sit on the couch.

I just watch over her for a while then I yawn and succumb to sleep. Right before I drift off I open my mouth to say, "Sweet Dreams beautiful."