Mathew

"What the hell?" Screamed my father and I take a cautious step back tears brimming my eyes. "How did that happen? Who did that?" He screams and I open my mouth trying to respond but instead a sob comes out and tears start streaming down my face. My knees give out and I fall to the ground. I curl up in a ball and cry even harder finding it hard to breathe. I gasp for air and choke on my tears. I've had panic attacks many times but never in front of anyone so it was weird when I felt my fathers strong arms wrap around my tiny body.

"Shh. It's okay pumpkin. Just breathe for me. Can you do that? Breathe in. Breathe out. No ones gonna hurt you." My dad whispers rocking me back and forth. Tears slowly stop falling and my sobs turn to hiccups but my father keeps rocking me back and forth for what seems like hours.

After I finally pull out of his arms he smile at me and kisses my forehead. "what happened to your stomach princess?" My dad asks and I stand up frowning. He stands up and walks me over to the couch. "Please tell me." He says softly and I nod.

"Ok well uhm *hiccup* when your drunk *hiccup* you will uhm attack me." I say looking down before breaking into sobs again. This time my father doesn't hug me though and I figure out why when I look up to see he too is sobbing.

"Dad," I say calming myself so I can help my father. He looks up at me tears still streaming down his face.

"Do you hate me?" He asks quietly. I shake my head and he frowns. "Why not?" He asks staring into my eyes.

"You were drunk, I say grabbing his hand.

"Exactly!" He screams then lets out a whimper. I cower back a little but then grab his other hand. "I was drunk. I've been drunk since Mathew left. How could I do that to you. My poor little girl," my father says sobbing. Tears escape my eyes. I've never hated my father I've only ever hated the monster the alcohol created. And I realize how stupid I was now, watching my father, a grown man who I've only ever seen cry twice in my life, break down after figuring out he hurt me for so long.

When my dad finally stops sobbing and can finally think straight he looks up at me. "Why didn't you tell me what I was doing?" He asks tears still falling from his eyes.

"I didn't want you to start doing it while sober," I say wincing a little at my idiocy.

"I wouldn't have..... I'm never going to even look at alcohol again," he promises pulling me into a hug and squeezing me. I wince in pain from how hard he's holding me. He pulls back when he notices and his eyes widen.

"I'm a sorry excuse for a human," he mutters and I frown before pulling him into another hug. He makes sure not to squeeze me as much this time, but I latch onto him like a monkey and don't let go even when he goes to pull away. I love my father I always will and I will never forget what he has done to me I am a very forgiving person. And my dad has done so many amazing things it would be unfair to hold this over his head. I finally pull away from my father and give him a small smile.

"You are an amazing person who made a really stupid mistake dad, I love you I will always love you, you didn't even know what you were doing." I say hugging him again before standing up.

"You are amazing Carter," my father says, "And so forgiving which I am very thankful for."

"Love you dad, I'm gonna go change," I respond before racing upstairs to my room. I change into fluffy pajama pants with penguins on them and a black tank top. I then exit my room and go down the stairs entering the main halls right a there's a knock on the door. I open the door and see a tall blonde boy with spiky hair, a grey large sweatshirt black skinny jeans and converse.

"Mathew!" I scream and launch myself at him. I missed my mischievous, adorable, and incredibly gay older brother.

"Cota!" He screams catching me. When Mathew was little he has a speech impediment and couldn't say my name when I was born so he called me cota and it stuck.

"I missed you so much Matty!" I scream squeezing him so hard he might pop.

"I miss you to Cota." He says much softer than me and puts me down. My dad walks out of the living room into the main hallway and a smile covers his entire face.

"Mathew I'm so happy your home and safe." My dad says pulling him into a bear hug. Mathew grins but frowns when he sees the aftermath of his breakdown.

"Dad.. were you crying?" He asks knowing my dad almost never cries.

"Yes, and I actually need to explain to you why. Can we talk in the kitchen?" My dad asks and I look at him quizzically. "You can come too Carter I just don't want to talk about it right here and the kitchen seemed like the right place." My dad explains noticing my questioning gaze.

"Ok that's fine but first I have some great news.... I'm moving back home!" Mathew announces and a giant smile paints itself on my face.

"That's amazing son!" My dad exclaims. And I nod rapidly in agreement.

"That's so awesome Matty!" I say gazing adoringly at my older brother.

"Not to kill the mood," my father says after a minute of just standing by the door and smiling. "But we need to talk now." he says.

"Yes of course, to the kitchen." Mathew says jokingly before heading in the direction of our kitchen.

"I just recently, today actually found out that I have been abusive towards your sister while drunk," my dad says to Mathew and before he can say whatever he was going to next Mathew punches him in the nose.

"Mathew!" I yell and he looks at me confused as if he hadn't just punched my father in the face and I was yelling at him for no reason.

"He hurt you." Mathew says trying to justify his actions.

"Yes I know Mathew and trust me there a few times that I wanted to do exactly what you just did but when that happens I remind myself he didn't know he was doing it." I say placing my hand on Mathews shoulder which slowly sinks as he relances and nods towards my father, who is clutching his nose, to continue.

"As I was saying I have recently figured out I am abusive to your sister when drunk. I would now like to stay sober but I'm going to need both of you to help me do so. And Mathew I am not mad at you for punching me, in fact I wouldn't mind if you punched me again consid-" my father says and gets cut off by Mathew punching him in the nose again.

"Mathew!" I scream.

"He said I could do it." Mathew says putting his hands up in surrender. I close my eyes and shake my head a little. I love my brother.
-----------
Word count: 1258
-----
God this chapter and the last chapter suck... I'm blaming writers block and not my complete lack of skill. Either way I would love it if you guys would

Vote
Comment
&
Share

-Emma