Father of the year

"Morning amore." Ryan says waking me up while peppering kisses all over my face. I had stayed the night telling my dad I was working on a group project with Kenzie.

"Night." I say turning away to try and fall back asleep. Ryan laughs and gets up and I almost think he's going to leave me alone but instead he comes back a little later.

"Get up Carter unless you want to miss another day of school." Ryan says shaking me slightly.

"I'm sick. Cough, cough." I mutter refusing to get up.

"You can also for another hour and we can skip out morning classes." Ryan says in defeat then leaves the room. I let my body relax and just as sleep is about to swallow me the door opens and an unfamiliar voice greets me.

"What's your actual name April?" The voice says and I shoot up thankfully with the sheets in my hands covering my entirely nude body.

"A-april." I stutter and the man, I now recognize as Ryan's dad, nods and pushes himself of the dresser he's leaning on to walk towards me.

"And your last name?" He asks and I panic forgetting the name I gave the guard.

"Hartley." I say trying to muster the confidence I used with the guard but my half asleep naked state wasn't helping.

"April." He codes then clicks his tongue. "That was so close but it was Henley yesterday." He says a smirk growing on his face. "Give me your name now or I'll come over there and beat you black and blue understand."

"Carter Shaw!" I blurt our in such a panicked state I practically yell it.

"Isn't that a boys name?" Ryan's dad asks and I glare.

"Yea and my middle names Drew, what can I say my parents wanted another son." I say sarcastically, knowing full well both are unisex names but not feeling the need to point that out.

"Another? So you have an older brother, and an attitude I see." Leonardo says humor in his voice.

"Dad?" I hear Ryan asks as he enters the room. I make eye contact and give him a face I hope says 'please get him out and save me'.

"Get out!" He snaps in response to my silent plea.

"But I was just gettin to know Carter here." He responds smirking still.

"Out!" Ryan yells in the harshest tone I've heard come from his mouth. "Then we can discuss where mom is." Ryan says and his dad leaves the room.

Ryan quickly darts to my side and starts examining me while asking things like 'did he hurt you?', 'Why didn't you scream?' and 'How could you give him your name?'

"Ryan I'm fine." I insist gently to Ryan and stand up searching for my bra.

"Ok. And I brought some clothes for you. He says gesturing to a pile of clothes I hadn't noticed he had when he came in. I walk over to the pile and open a new package of surprisingly modest underwear and a bra then I pull on the black leggings Ryan brought me. I noticed Ryan hasn't brought me shirt and walk over to his dresser. When I open his shirt drawer he questions what I'm doing.

"I need a shirt." I say trying to keep my voice soft in case Ryan was still worked up.

"I thought I grabbed one." Ryan says then shrugs. I look through and pull out a tie-dye shirt with Panic! at the Disco printed on it in black.

"You like Panic! At the Disco?" I question jumping onto Ryan's bed. He nods not looking up from his phone then kisses my head and gets of the bed.

"I need to go talk to my dad in his office if you want to walk around, ask the guard to get Joseph Arlen and have him escort you everywhere I don't want you alone with my fathers goons." Ryan says and nod but doubt I'll want to leave the room.

Ryan's POV

I leave the room after locking the door and head down many long hallways until I reach my dad's office. I knock on the large wooden door and wait for my dad to say 'come in'. When he does I enter to find him sitting behind his large desk and one of his friends sitting on top of his desk with his feet in the chair across from my dad. I recognize the guy a little but don't try identifying him.

"Why did you bug Carter." I say anger in my voice and my dad just smirks and shrugs.

"You seem to care about her, and here I was thinking she was just one of your whores, I mean she was naked." My dad says nonchalantly and ignores my question. It takes all my willpower not to launch myself at him.

"Where's mom?" I ask knowing he won't answer my previous question.

"In Ohio with her mother." My dad says casually. My mom often left my dad. She also often thought she was hiding but my dad always knew exactly where she was.

"Why are you home?" I ask in an emotionless voice. And my dad frowns but his eyes still smirk at me.

"Can I not come to visit my son and daughter?" My dad says then laughs. "Where is my little girl? She wasn't here yesterday when I showed up."

"Blair's at a friends house I called early this morning and asked if she could stay for a few more nights, or at least until your gone. I don't want her around you or your goons!" I say losing my cool at the end and snapping.

"That's not your decision to make! Your not her dad!" My dad yells also losing his calm.

"I might as well be! Your never here!"

"Vaffanculo! Sei una scusa ingrata per un bambino." (Fuck you! You're an ungrateful excuse for a child) he scream coming out from behind his desk and grabbing the collar of my shirt.

"E tu sei una triste scusa per un uomo." (And you're a sad excuse for a man) I say my voice once again deathly calm. I then push him off of me and leave his office flipping off the idiot still on his desk.
————
Hi
I finally updated. Do any of you listen to AWOLNATION I love them. You should. Anyways thanks for reading and don't forget to comment.

Love
Emma💞