Seph

Carters POV

"Uh excuse me?" I say to one of the many people standing outside Ryan's room.

"What slut?" He snaps and I gasp then try not to smack him.

"Get me Joseph Arlen, dickwad." I snap at him and he frowns but brings his walkie-talkie up to his mouth.

"The kids plaything wants Seph." The man says and once again I have to suppress the urge to hurt this man badly. Someone on the other end of the walkie-talkie responds before a boy who looks 18 or 19 waltzes into the hall.

"Alex, I think it would be polite to avoid calling girls playthings. Especially when they're standing right next to you as I'm assuming she was." The man says confidently then turns towards me. "So are you my brothers girlfriend or do I have a chance with you." He asks looking me up and down.

"Yes I'm... actually.. huh." I say realizing Ryan technically ever asked me out. "You have no chance with me. And your his brother?" I ask avoiding the first question.

"Yup. Although I doubt he would acknowledge that he doesn't like me too much." He says and I almost mention that he likes him enough to have him guard me.

"He mentioned you once when I asked him if he had any siblings I almost forgot he said he had a brother."

"He likes our little sister a lot more." Joseph says and he looks almost sad. "He just hates me cause I decided to help dad with his gang. He's always hated our father."

"I wonder why." I mutter under my breath and Joseph laughs.

"Anyways if not already assumed I'm Joseph but most people call me Seph and I believe I was summoned by you." Joseph says his confident air returning.

"Ryan told me if I wanted to wander around to ask for you." I say and I see a smile slip onto his face.

"Great so where do you want to wander to?"

"The kitchen." I say and my stomach let's out a groan in agreement.

"Ok to the kitchen!" Seph says and leads me down many winding halls asking me questions. "How'd you meet Ryan."

"School."

"Are you dating?"

"No comment."

"Do you find me attractive?"

"Nope."

"Are you a virgin?"

"None of your business."

"I already knew the answer, last night I slept I. The room next to Ryan's." Joseph says and I choke on air. After I stop gasping for breath and Joseph stops laughing at me he resumes his questions until we finally reach the kitchen where people are being shooed and chased out of the kitchen by Gina. She spots me and Joseph and runs over.

"Oh my bug I missed you." She exclaims hugging Joseph. She then turns towards me and hugs me. "I see Ryan finally had his way with you, your glowing. That poor kid has been in love with you forever." Gina says and I ten bright red causing Joseph to fall to the floor laughing.

"What are you laughing about, you had a crush on the girl with the blue hair for years before you finally had the courage to talk to her, and she shot you down at least your brother got the girl." Gina says and I snicker a little as Joseph face turns to one of horror.

"Ginaaa." He whines drawing out the a.

"Don't whine your a 20 year old boy." She scolds and Joseph pouts and I can see just how motherly this woman is to these boys. I head the door to the kit hen open and I see Gina raise a wooden spoon ready to chase out whatever goon entered but lower it when she notices Ryan.

I scrunch up my eyebrows at the deflated expression on Ryan's face and push off the counter I was leaning on to walk over to him. I wrap my arms around him and he tenses for a second then relaxes onto my embrace once he notices me.

"Ciao mia regina." (Hello my queen.) He says smiling down at me then let's go of me to greet Gina and Joseph.

"Why do you talk to her in Italian." Joseph questions.

"Because I can." Ryan says but not in a harsh way. I imagined these two would be t each other's throats but they actually seem quite comfortable with each other. "Are you staying for a while or will you take off when dad does.

"I think I'm gonna stay I want to see Blaire, and I know she won't be around when dad is."

"I would not allow that young girl within 100 yards of that miserable man." Gina spits and neither boy seems to bothered by Gina's obvious batters for their dad.

"When is dad leaving, Seph?" Ryan asks and I scrunch up my nose at the weird nickname.

"Probably tonight. He just wanted to stop by to grab some things from his office here." Joseph says then Gina says something in Italian and next thing I know I'm completely lost as the three of them slip into a casual conversation in a different language. Finally Ryan's cellphone rings and he starts speaking English again.

"Hello.... Oh no that's terrible... Yes I understand.... I can be over in 10 minutes." Ryan says then hangs up the phone. "That was Blaire's friend's mom here daughter just got sick and Blaire needs to come home." Ryan's says then slams his hand on the table and lets out a line of curse words.

"Hey Ryan don't worry I'll get dad out of the house by tonight and you just get Blaire and take her out today. Okay? I'll text you when him and his goons are gone and I've cleaned up a bit." Joseph says and Ryan nods and I see relief flood his face.

————

Me and Ryan sit on a park bench under a blanket we found in his car as Blaire runs around the park in front of us. It had been an hour since we picked her up and in that time we had gotten lunch and came to the park and Ryan had called us both in sick to school. The entire time Joseph's question ran through my head. 'Are you dating?' No we weren't. We had kissed many times, and Ryan had confessed his love for me but we weren't dating.

"What's up principessa?" Ryan ask after a few minutes of me being lost in thought. "You've been awfully quiet since we left the house." He says and I think about asking him what we are are but opt for another question.

"Will you be my boyfriend." I say and internally high five myself for being brave enough to ask him.

"Of course mi amore."He says laughing then leans down and kisses me softly.

"Cool." I say a goofy grin spreading over my face as I curl into Ryan and let myself sink into sleep.