Mathew the idiot

"Who?"

"Bethany Anne!"

"For the millionth time child, who is Bethany Anne and is this story worth listening to?" Mackenzie asks Brandon.

"Max thought it was interesting."

"Max only said that so he could kiss you more."

"You have no proof of that."

"Just ask-"

"Who is Bethany Anne?!" I say loudly cutting off Makenzie.

"Oh yea, so once there was a girl named Bethany Anne, when Bethany was like 7 or 8 I can't really remember her deranged uncle sneaked into her house and cut off her hands and nose." Brandon start.

"Like Voldemort?"

"Yea I guess, Bethany is now uh I think it's 15 and she's seeking revenge."

"Oh no if this is the Bethany Anne story don't finish it, one you suck at telling it, two it's gory and neither of these girls have stomachs." Says Max walking into the room, "and besides we're not camping and it's not night, no ghost stories, if that can be considered a ghost story."

"All she does is-" Brandon starts but Max quickly jumps on him.

"I told my sister baby blue like last year and she slept with me for a week because she was scared." He screams and Brandon gives up on telling the stories. Were all just sitting there in silence when we hear someone pull into the driveway. We all turn towards it and Brandon used this chance to quickly say what Bethany did. Lets just say I'm never letting anyone get close to me with a corkscrew ever again. I watch my brother Josh and another person get out of the car. I can't see who the third person and I don't care much as it's much more entertaining to watch Max chase Brandon around yelling about what hes going to do when he gets a corkscrew, remind me to hide those, and try to check up on Mackenzie who hasn't moved a muscle,  I don't even think she's blinked, since Brandon finished his stories.

"Hey hotties, and Carter." Greets my brother not questioning anything that's happening. "Oh and Carter this guy was sitting on our porch and said he needed to talk to you so I brought him here." Mathew said casually and I finally noticed the third guy with them was Ryan. Who just brings a random guy to a cabin in the woods. Apparently my brother, Mathew the idiot.

"Really Mathew." Makenzie says and Brandon looks sympathetic.

"What did I do wrong?" Mathew asks.

"I told you not to pick up hitch hikers baby." Josh says.

"This guy is just everywhere isn't he?" Asks Max.

"Can we talk?" Ryan asks, finally speaking.

"No."

"Carter-"

"No"

"Don't be childish."

"Fuck you."

"Please."

"Fine." I finally agree, only to avoid arguing with him in front of everyone and I lead him away from the group. Once we're out of hearing range and close to a small little stream in a clearing with a canopy of leaves overhead only letting in bits of sunlight in that reflect off the thin layer of grass and buttercups scattered about.

I sit down on a tree stump next to the stream and dip my bare feet into it. I hiss slightly at the cold but quickly get used to it and enjoy the sweet smell of the woods and the bubbling of the water. This would be the perfect scene if not for the tension between me and Ryan.

"Carter-"

"I shouldn't have snapped." I say and Ryan's mouth falls open. He closes it and tries to say something but he just makes small noises. "You had good intentions and while I'm still mad at you I'm not cutting this get away short and I'm not going to be bitter the rest of the time either so either shut up and sit down or go away." I say and Ryan decides to sit down. I close my eyes and lean against a tree trunk that's obnoxiously close to the stump I'm sitting on but quite convenient for me, and I pull my hair out of the ponytail it was in and sigh at the amazing feeling of letting your hair down. I run my fingers through my hair a few times gently scratching my scalp. I hear Ryan mutter something that sounds like 'your beautiful,' but I can't tell so I say what in a quiet voice and open my eyes to be greeted by Ryan's startling green ones.

"I said your beautiful." Ryan says and my mouth parts in a small gasp, I don't know how to respond. Everything right now seems so soft and movie like I don't want to ruin it so I simply whisper 'thank you and close my eyes again. Listening to the running water and the songs of the birds I sink into sleep.

----

"Cota wake up!" I hear Mathew yell and I jolt up in the bed that I don't remember falling asleep in, I guess someone must have moved me. I then jump out of the bed and run to my brother.

"What's wrong? Who's on fire!" I scream but don't see anyone. I tilt my head to the side in confusion, that is until I feel pressure on my head as water drips down me. I scream realizing my brother just poured water on me. I turn to find a   mischievous looking Josh and a laughing Mathew.

"I hate you." I say and ring my hair on Mathew.

"Hey now I'm wet."

"Your wet?!"

"Well duh."

"I hate you, I hate you, I give up." I say and put my hands up in surrender. Next thing I know I'm being assaulted once again with water but this time in steady streams being produced by small plastic guns. I glare at my attackers and see Ryan and Max with super soakers. Max then throws me his and I turn around to spray my brother. Before I know if everyone's running around with water balloons or water guns or even hoses and spraying each other.

"Ahh jeez please tell me that was water in that gun!" I hear Mackenzie yell, and then either Mx or Brandon responds with sure let's go with that. I laugh then suddenly get doused with the hose so I turn around quickly and spray my assailant wither my water gun. Ryan laughs and just keeps spraying me as my gun runs out of water.

"Oh shit." I mutter once my gun is finally empty and Ryan laughs then advances towards me eventually he's close enough to kiss and a thought pops into my head. I reach out and grab Ryan's hand which he tries to tug away but I pull him towards me and press my lips to him causing him to lose focus. Once he lets down his guard enough I grab the hose and pull away before soaking him with it. I laugh but he still seems dazed. I roll my eyes then suddenly a wave of dread washes over me as I realize what I just did.

Oh shit I kissed Ryan Baker.