Monday

"Monday is the worst," I say to Makenzie shoving my bag in my locker.

"Same." Makenzie mutters groggily. I slam my lock shut and Makenzie bolts up the noise being amplified for her because she was laying her head on the locker next to mine.

"Come on Kenz, we got to get to class," I say and start dragging my friend out of the left wing of the school which has all the juniors lockers.

"You just wanna see Ryan." She says saying Ryan's name in a sing song voice.

"I seriously regret telling you I like him." I say rolling my eyes."

"Like who?" I hear a masculine voice say from behind me and I jump the tiniest bit while letting out a startled gasp. I turn around to find Ryan and a few of his friends standing there.

"Why would I tell you?" I ask and he smirks.

"Oh don't be like that babe I thought we were friends." He says his smirk not faltering.

"Babe?" I ask with disgust. I hate that word. I love pet names but I hate babe or baby, I like baby girl though. I'm strange.

"Yea, I thought we were getting along this weekend Ryan says his smirk growing even wider and his eyes rake over my body.

"God your an ass," I practically spit at him.

"What did I do baby." He asks following me as I go to storm off.

"Stop following me." I say not acknowledging his question.

"We have the same class." He reminds me slinging his arm over my shoulder.

"Well don't talk to me." I say shrugging his arm off my shoulder. Finally the smirk falls off his face.

"Look I'm sorry." He says stepping in front of me and facing me. "I was just trying to put on a show for the guys."

"I don't care, why should it matter to me if your an asshole?" I say my face staying straight. I step around him and walk even faster. I ditched Makenzie a while back her class in an opposite direction than mine so its pretty much just me and Ryan in the hall considering the bell is about to ring. I finally turn down the hall that has all the science and find a few people. I walk to the third door on the right and pull it open. I quickly go to my seat in the back and put my science folder down.

The door opens seconds before the bells ring and Ryan waltzes in. He walks over to the empty seat beside me and I roll my eyes. I ignore him and go to grab a chrome book. I log into mine and start researching my scientist and filling in the packet on google classroom.

"Hey Carter, can you come over after school?" Ryan asks and I give a simple quick nod. "Cool meet me in the parking lot I'll bring you back to my house."

That's how the rest of class goes Ryan attempting to talk to me and me practically ignoring him. I have no idea why I'm so pissed of at him I just am. After an hour the bell rings and I log out of the laptop before putting it away. I then put my folder back in my binder and tuck my pencil in my pencil pouch. I quickly walk to my next class wondering why Ryan is so different at his house. I'm so lost in thought I walk right into some kid causing us both to fall to the floor. My folder slips out of my binder and slides a little down the hall and his bag falls to the ground causing all the things to fall out.

I grab my folder and then turn to help the guy I crashed into with his stuff.

"I'm so sorry." I say to the guy and reach out and grab a sketch pad. I curiously look at the pictur on the page it's opened to. It's a guy staring up at the moon. The guy has a solemn look on his face as he stands in the shadow of another kid. The other kid looks happy as he reaches out for the moon and the strange part is the moon seems to almost be reaching back.