Josh

"Its been a week Carter you have to go to school." My dad says as I hide in closet. It's a Monday and it's been 7 days since the incident. I haven't went back to school yet. I haven't even left the house. I stopped answering the phone after three calls about how people are praying for me and my fathers a jerk. I don't respond to texts from Makenzie or Mac or Ryan. I've had no contact with anyone except Mathew and my dad.

"Can't you homeschool me or perhaps I could take school online?" I call to my dad.

"Carter I wouldn't know how to homeschool you and online school costs a lot of money." My dad says then sighs. "Sweetie your going to have to face the world at some point. I've left the house."

"Don't make me go." I whine.

"I've had many calls from the school if you don't I today they'll take you away from me we already have that guy from social services checking in everyday and he's getting annoyed you haven't went back to school yet." My dad says and I sigh knowing I need to go.

"Okay get out so I can get dressed." I say and I hear my dad walk away then my door close. I step out of my closet and pull on a dark red shirts along with a light pink off the shoulder top with flowers on it. I pull on some simple black flats and swipe on minimal makeup. I walk out of my room to find my dad and Mathew waiting for me.

"How about I take you to school." Mathew suggests in a soft voice and walks over to me slowly.

"Yea sure thanks. And for the millionth time Mathew I'm not broken you don't have to treat me as if I'm fragile I miss he old you." I tell Mathew rolling my eyes and walk out the door. Mathew follows and drives me to school in his jeep my parents bout him for his sixteenth birthday.

"Hey Cota I'm sorry I've been so timid around you it's just the first day after the police came I'd someone spoke to loudly you'd cry." Mathew says and I wince remembering he's not wrong.

"I know Mathew, but I'm not like that now. Now I'm just humiliated." I say and look out the window terrified.

"Calm down I doubt anyone even cares." Mathew says pulling into the school parking lot. He parks and I step out of the car. Everyone looks at me as soon as I do. They keep starring and I can't move until I feel Mathew shake my shoulder.

"Cota?" He asks and I look at him.

"I have a feeling they do care." I say then try to get back in the jeep but Mathew whispers social services in my ear.

"How about you stay until lunch and the guy from social services will see your at school and you'll be counted as present then after you text me and I'll come and pick you up." Mathew suggests and I hug him.

"That would be perfect." I say then I see Mathew tense up. I look the way he's looking and see Brandon step out of the car and someone else do too and lean over it to talk to him. I see the car is fancy and realize just how rich Brandon is then I remember something.

"That's Josh!" I exclaim loudly and pull Mathew over to the car forgetting everyone's looking at me for a second. Mathew keeps protesting as I drag him to the car. When I get there Brandon gasps.

"I'm so sorry about-" he starts but I cut him off.

"Yea whatever I'm over it. Josh hi I'm Carter I believe you two like each other and don't even try to deny it now date." I say shoving Mathew towards Josh then grabbing Brandon's arm and pulling him towards the school. "Oh yea Mathew you don't need to pick me up at lunch I think I'll be fine!" I yell over my shoulder smirking.

"So." Brandon says once we get into the school.

"Let me get a few things straight. My dad is not homophobic or a bad guy at all. He never actually hurt me badly and he never did it well sober ever he didn't even know he was doing it when he was sober and once he did he stopped. Also who can blame him his wife is in a comma. And I do not wanna talk about it, starting now it will never be spoken of again ok." I say to Brandon and he nods.

"Got it." Brandon says then Makenzie walks up to me and hugs me.

"I can't believe-" she starts but I cut her off by repeating what I said to Brandon and her and Max both nod. (By the way Mac is now Max I kind of hate Mac. No offense if your named Mac.) Makenzie then starts to talk about what I missed and I just zone out watching everyone walk past me and whisper.

By lunchtime I had repeated my speech to about a million people as they tried to hug me or say they were sorry and I think people finally got it. I hadn't seen Ryan yet and that's good because I don't know what I would do if I did.

"So Carter what do you think our brothers are doing right now?" Brandon asks me at our lunch table and we both laugh.

"I honestly don't want to think about it." I say and we laugh harder

"What are you two talking about." Makenzie asks and Brandon starts to explain everything to her and Max.

"Oh hey Ryan Makenzie says and I turn around to see Ryan behind me. I stand up and turn to face him feeling rage build up inside of me.

"Hey Carter I-" he says but I cut him off, not with my speech but with a quick slap to his face.

"It was none of your business why I reacted like that at your house Ryan. You know my mom is in a coma and if my dad did get arrested Mathew doesn't have a job, he couldn't support me I would have been out in foster care and I'm too old to be adopted. I don't want to be adopted. Mind your own business god your an ass!" I scream to him then storm out of the cafeteria. Tears start to flow down my face and I get my phone out. I call Mathew and when he picks up he sounds giddy.

"What's up Cupid want to come home after all."  He says with a kind but excited voice.

"Yea. Could you pick me up?" I ask trying not to sound two sad.

"Sure thing Cota be there in five. Love you." He says before hanging up the phone. I start walking slowly towards the office and right as I'm about to enter I hear 'Carter Shaw could you please report to the office for dismissal.' Over the announcements I open the door and then Mathew leads me out through the other door to the parking lot. Mathew then drives me home and we don't say a word Mathew sensing I don't want to talk.

"Thanks, so what happened with Josh?" I say once we reach our house.

"He asked me out Mathew squeals and I giggle.

"Of course he did I say." Then exit the car. And walk into my house" when I get there I find my dad looking annoyed.

"What's up?" I ask him once I see him.

"It was a different Social Worker today and he just got under my skin that's all." My dad says and he smiles at me. "Why are you home early pumpkin?" He asks and I frown.

"Bad day." I say and my dad just smiles knowing I don't want to talk about it. I then say I'm going to my room. And head to my room to take a shower. When I get to my bathroom I strip down and see my bruises. I turn on the water then walk over to the mirror as I wait for it to get warm. I study all my injuries and from noticing old scars from the crash. I get into the shower and start thinking. If I hadn't wanted to go out we wouldn't have gotten in to the car crash. It's my fault we did it's my fault my moms in a comma. With that thought I sink to the floor and start to cry.

-------
I'm going to write a book about Mathew and Josh so I might update less not that I update a lot to begin with anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Vote comment and share. Also I changed my book cover check that out.

Love
Emma😘