★pancakes//yixing★

10:47 A.M//Yixing, Aubrey, and Leo

On a sun-drenched Sunday morning, Yixing found himself sleeping smack in the middle of Leo's nursery with a half-empty bottle in his right hand. It was how he usually found himself since Leo was born. He couldn't really find himself to be separated from him, just in case something was wrong. Yixing was just easily startled having such a small human in the house, jumping and running to his room whenever he heard the slightest noise. Even when he made it himself. He just wanted everything to be alright with his son and not have any worries, but he just ended up worrying himself more.

"Ah.." He chuckles and stands to his feet. "Good morning, Mister." Xing peers over the newborn's crib with a soft smile.

He gently picks up Leo and rests him on his chest and pats his back. "Let's go see if Mommy's up..Did you rest well?" Yixing peeks his head in the door of their shared bedroom and then over the stairwell. "She must be in the kitchen." He then carefully paced down the steps and into bright kitchen where Aubrey was sitting at the table and scrolling through her phone. "Good morning~"

Aubrey looks up from her bowl of fruit and smiles. "Good morning, Xing...I didn't know he was up. Are you hungry?"

"Mm nope. You are going to rest, I am going to cook. You just gave birth." Aubrey laughs and drops her fork on the napkin beside her bowl. "That was two weeks ago, Yixing. I'm totally fine, okay?"

"That doesn't mean I can't cook for you

"That doesn't mean I can't cook for you.." He pouts and presses his forehead against Aubrey's. "I mean...Since you're begging..." She jokes and kisses his nose, taking Leo from his arms.

Yixing smiles and picks up an apron from the hook, wrapping it and tying it around himself. "Pancakes?"

"Pancakes!" Aubrey smiles widely and pokes her head over the couch. Yixing laughs and bites down on his lip, getting the pancake mix from the cabinet and setting it on the counter.

He stops for a second and leans his head on the fridge. "Leo.." He whimpers softly before falling into a pit of uncontrollable tears. All Aubrey could hear were faint sniffles as Yixing continued to do his business. She turns around on the couch and quickly hops to her feet. "Yixing! What's wrong?"

"Nothing." He chokes out. "It's really nothing..I'm okay.." He huffs out before breathing heavily. "I'm still in shock...I have a son? Do I really?"

"You do.." Aubrey nods and pats his back. "I do have a son.." He wipes his eyes using the back of his hand

"I just want to cook pancakes..."

"You want to cook pancakes?"

"I wanna cook pancakes...."

(short chap)