★ultrasound//jongdae★

9:47 A.M//Jongdae, Jessa, and [][][]

"Isn't that trippy, Jessa? Seeing a child...That's inside of you? It's just weird to have a child in you, right? Can you feel it?" Jongdae rambles on, keeping a strong and painful grip on Jessa's hand. "Jongdae...Jong...Why are you squeezing my hand like you're the one that has to go in labor..Ow!"

"Wait, you're in labor?" His eyes widen. "You should've said somethi-" Jessa pulls him back down to his chair beside her. "Dude...I'm six months pregnant."

"What does that mean? I'm pretty sure you can give birth at any-" He looked at Jessa, who was giving him quite the glare and stopped his sentence.

"Oh. Sorry..." He leans forward in his chair, resting his head on Jessa's thigh. "Do you think they can hear what's going on outside your tu-" Jessa glares over at Jongdae, causing him to stop.

"Alright, Jessalynn? I'm Dr. Price..And I'll be doing your ultrasou-"

"Hello, I'm Kim Jongdae," He starts, standing to his feet and shaking the doctors hand. "Or Jongdae Kim, I'm Jessa's boyfriend, And you know I hope to be her husband soon..I'm really nervous. I really didn't expect this to happen I-"

"Jongdae.."

"Sorry!" He pinches his eyes shut, taking his seat right beside Jessa again.

During the ultrasound, there was absolutely no silence. There was constant blabbering coming from Jongdae that Jessa couldn't stop even if she tried to.

"So can this come in color?"

"What's this weird jelly stuff you put on her stomach?"

"So can they hear what going on outside?"

"Does that feel weird, Jessa?"

"It does feel weird, but I'd very much appreciate it if you could...Like...Tone it down a bit? You're being a bother."

"Oh no," Dr. Price starts with a light chuckle. "He's certainly not the worst."

"There's worse than Jongdae?" Jessa asks with genuine confusion on her face. "Yeah there's worse than me? Wait.."

She nods, looking back up at the screen. "So who's interested in knowing the gender, huh?"

"I am! Me me!" He perks up, looking at the screen to get a better look

"I am! Me me!" He perks up, looking at the screen to get a better look. "How can you tell, though? Oh, I hope it's a girl. If my baby isn't a girl I'll still love him, But if h-" He finally decides to shut up and takes his seat for the final time before the news was revealed. "Sorry...Carry on."

"Alright so, According to your ultrasound...Drumroll please," The doctor pauses. "You're having a boy! He looks extremely healthy, so that's good. You're getting quite close to your due date so try not to push yourself to extremes. Take it easy."

"See, she tells you that too! There is no reason for you to be up at seven in the morning to read a book."

"Ah, Thank you very much, Dr. Price." Jessa nods, ignoring Jongdae completely. "I'll be back often to get check ups.."

"Alright, so we're done here. I hope you have a good day!"

"Thank you!" Jess and Dae wave in unison, walking out into the hallway, where Jongdae finally let out a loud sigh of relief. "A boy? Are you happy?" He asks, taking a hold of Jessa's hand.

"Of course I am! I've always wanted a boy. What about you?"

"I've never been happier!"

★ ★ ★

i feel like this chapter was rushed 🤔

but on a completely unrelated note, chen is so adorable

bye bye!